DR. VEENA VEDARTHAM
Consultant – Neurology
Manipal Hospital- Hal Old Air Port Road, Bengaluru
MD (General Medicine), MAHE, Manipal | DM (Neurology), SCTIMST, Trivandrum
Fellowship & Membership
- Member of Indian Academy of Neurology
- Member of American Academy of Neurology
Field of Expertise
- Neuromuscular disorders comprising of peripheral neuropathy, radiculopathy, myopathies, myasthenia gravis
- Electrophysiology with nerve conduction study and EMG
- Neuroimmunology including Multiple Sclerosis, Autoimmune encephalitis etc.
- Stroke – Expert in acute stroke management with IV Thrombolysis and rehabilitation
- Epilepsy – Management of child hood and adult epileptic disorders
- Movement disorders includes Parkinson’s disease, PSP, Dystonia, Tremors
- Headache- Migraine and all types of headaches
- Memory disorders including Alzheimer’s disease, Frontotemporal dementia etc.
Awards & Achievements
- Best paper award in Indian National Stroke Conference 2017: CT swirl sign in spontaneous intracerebral haemorrhage.
- Publications in International Journals on topics such as Childhood onset cerebellar ataxia, Anomalies of Venous drainage of the brain
- Distinguished academic achievements and Gold Medals during MBBS/ MD.
Talks & Publications
- Monigari N, Deshpande A, Vedartham V, Nalabothu M. Rare anatomical variation in transverse sinuses (duplication on right, hypoplasia of left) falsely mimicking transverse sinus thrombosis probably due to resultant slow flow. BMJ case reports. 2014.
- Homozygous Sequestosome 1 (SQSTM1) mutation: a rare cause for childhood-onset progressive cerebellar ataxia with vertical gaze palsy (Ophthalmic genetics, 2019).
- Publication under review: Association of Hematoma heterogeneity with functional outcome in spontaneous intracerebral haemorrhage (Neurology India, 2019).
- Presented an oral paper in RSSDI Bengaluru 2014 on Association of Vitamin D and cardiovascular risk factor and insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Presented a poster in International Non communicable disease Research Meet, Manipal in Feb 2013 : A case report on infarct of splenium of corpus collosum presenting with dysarthria.
- Presented a poster in RSSDI 2013, Greater Noida, NCR Delhi: A Case of uncontrolled diabetes mellitus presenting as pseudomonas pneumonia with upper lobe cavity treated successfully with ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin.
- Published only in Diabetes journal: Supplement 73rd Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association. June 21-25, 2013. Chicago, Illinois, USA : Association of Vitamin D Deficiency with Insulin Resistance in Newly Detected Diabetics and with Cardiovascular Risk Factors in all Diabetics in South India.
- Presented an oral paper and was awarded the best paper in INSC 2017, Amritsar: CT swirl sign as a predictor of hematoma expansion and poor functional outcome in patients in spontaneous intracerebral haemorrhage.
- Presented an oral paper in World Congress of Neurology, 2019, Dubai: Hematoma hypo densities predict hematoma expansion and functional outcome over time in patients with Spontaneous Intracerebral Haemorrhage.
- Bengaluru: Winter, pandemic situation triggers seizures in epileptic patients- Dr. Veena Vedartham, Associate Consultant – Neurology, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road.
- Languages : English, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi
- Gender : Female