Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran - Endocrinology & Diabetology
Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
Senior Consultant – Endocrinology & Diabetology
Dr. Rela Institute & Medical Centre – Chennai
Qualification: MBBS, ABIM, AB. (Endocrinology, Diabetology & Metabolism), CCD
Consultant Endocrinology, Diabetology and metabolism
- Pituitary, Adrenal disorde and gonadal disorders.
- Special interest in Transplant endocrinology and Transgender medicine.
Senior consultant Endocrinologist and diabetologist, Chennai at Rela Institute of Medical science
- 7/2012-11/2018: Consultant Endocrinologist at Global Hospital,Chennai. Global hospital is a tertiary care hospital in Chennai. Here, I headed the endocrine department and managed endocrine inpatient and outpatient consults. I was the Internal medicine teaching faculty and in-charge of internal medicine training for physician assistant students who train at Global hospital, Chennai
- 7/2012-Present: Consultant Endocrinologist at Sree Vikas center for hormone health, Velachery. This is my private office where I see patients with various endocrine related disorders. This is predominantly an outpatient referral center for endocrinology.
- 7/2013-Present: Consultant Endocrinologist at Adyar Cancer Institute. This is a very busy tertiary care cancer center in Chennai and I manage endocrinology and diabetes in a very complex setting of malignancy and am also involved in managing various complex neuro endocrine disorders.
- 3/2018-Present: Consultant Endocrinologist at IIT Madras where I consult once a week for endocrine related disorders
Honors & Awards
- Times Health Excellence Award 2020 for Service Excellence in Diabetology
- Best fellow award from University of Maryland: Awarded in June2011.
- Gold medal and certificate of merit in Medicine and Rheumatology at Intercollegiate gold medal exam at Stanley medical college and Madras medical college.
- Gold medal in physiology, pathology, forensic medicine, ophthalmology and Pediatrics.
- Certificate of merit in ENT, Surgery, Medicine and OB.
- University gold medal for outstanding performance in medical school.
- Best graduating student award from KMC and the Alumni association.
- Best lady doctor award for 2000-2006 (awarded by TN medical council)
- Invited speaker in various forums across India and abroad ( lsit is too long to include here)
Research & Publication
- Constructive pericardiitis in a patient with sinus venous atrial septal defect and anomalous right upper pulmonary venous return. Uppu, S, Chandrasekaran, S Mallula, K. Ann pediatr Cardiol 2009 jan-Jun;2 (1): 87-88.
- Dry beans and diabetes. Published for non-peer review newsletter by Bean Growers.
- Popular Diets: Which weight loss diet is best for Geriatric patients? Watson K, Chandrasekaran S, Steinle N. Clinical Geriatrics. 2012; 20(2): 25-31.
- Thyroid tumors of uncertain malignant potential with concurrent papillary thyroid cancer: A report of 2 patients. Chandrasekaran S, Munir, K. Thyroid Volume 21, Supplement 1, 2011.
- Levodopa-Carbidopa treatment and falsely high urinary dopamine levels. Chandrasekaran S, Streeten EA. Endocr Pract. 2013 Mar-Apr; 19(2): 377-8.
- Role of Lipotoxicity in Endothelial Dysfunction. Jeong K Montagnani, Chandrasekran S, Quon MJ.. Published in Heart Failure Clinics Oct 2012, Volume 8, and Number 4.
- Mechanisms for Food Polyphenols to Ameliorate Insulin Resistance and Endothelial Dysfunction: Implications for diabetes and its vascular complications. Munir KM, Chandrasekaran S, Gao F, Quon MJ.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Sep 15;305(6):E679-86. doi: 10.1152/ajpendo.00377.2013. Epub 2013 Jul 30.
- Fractures on bisphosphonates in osteoporosis pseudoglioma syndrome ( OPPG). pQCT shows poor bone density and structure. Streeten EA, Ramirez S, Eliades M, Jaimungal S, Chandrasekaran S, Kathleen R, Holmes Morton D, Puffenberger EG, Herskovitz R, Leonard MB.Bone. 2015 Aug;77:17-23. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2015.04.007. Epub 2015 Apr 16.
- Management of anemia in patients with diabetic kidney disease. A consensus statement. Bajaj S, Makkar BM, Abichandani VK, Talwalkar PG, Saboo B, Srikanta SS, Das A, Chandrasekaran S, Krishnan PV, Shah A, Abraham G, Tikku P, Kumar S. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2016 Mar-Apr;20(2):268-81. doi: 10.4103/2230-8210.176348.
- Participated in a live chat show on Television, Thanthi TV, Sun TV, Puthuyugam , Sankara TV channels.
- Participated in a recorded chat show in Jaya TV.
- Participated in a patient awareness program in radio mirchi, FM radio. 91.9 FM, Al india Radio
- Participated in Doctor Doctor show in Vijay TV (12/2014 and 7/2015)
- Languages : English , Hindi, Tamil
- Gender : Female