DR. SHAILENDRA LALWANI
HOD And Consultant – Liver Transplantation And Hepato-Pancreatic Biliary Surgery
Manipal Hospital, Delhi
MBBS | MS (Gen. Surgery) | DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology) | FMAS | DMAS | FALS (HPB Surgery) | FMAS | FICRS | FACRSI | FAIS | FIAGES | MNAMS | Fellowship In Robotic Surgery | Fellowship In Laparoscopic Surgery And Advance Laparoscopic HPB Surgery | Fellowship-Liver Transplant & HPB Surgery (King’s College Hospital, London)
Fellowship & Membership
- FALS –Fellowship Advanced Laparoscopic Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery
- FMAS- Fellowship Minimal Access Surgery
- FICRS-Fellowship Robotic Surgery-International College of Robotic Surgeons
- FACRSI-Fellowship of Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India
- FAIS-Fellowship o associations of surgeons of India
- FIAGES- Fellowship of Indian Assoication of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
- MNAMS- Member National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Member- Liver Transplant Society of India
- Life Member- Indian Society of Organ Transplant
- Member – World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Member- Association of Surgeons of India
- Member- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Member- Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India
- Member- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo surgeons
Field of Expertise
- Liver Transplant (Deceased donor and Living Donor)
- Paediatric Liver Transplant
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic (HPB) Surgery
- Advance Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal (Esophagus, Stomach, Colorectal & Hepatobiliary) Surgeries
- Robotic Gastrointestinal (Upper GI, Colorectal & Hepatobiliary) Surgeries
- Minimally invasive Hepatobiliary and Colorectal surgery
- Gastrointestinal (GI) and Heparobiliary Oncosurgery (Cancer Surgery)
- Portal hypertension Surgery
Awards & Achievements
- Travel Bursery Award for IASG 2009
- Best Poster Award – IASG 2014
- Travelling fellowship Award ACRSI 2017
- He has several National and International publications to his name in indexed journals
- He is a recognized Postgraduate DNB (G.I. Surgery) teacher and guide for students.
- He is the Editorial board member of different journals like Surgery, Archives of Organ Transplantation, Journal of Biological Research (Hong Kong), SM Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Journal of Gastroenterology, Liver & Pancreatic disease.
Talks & Publications
- FALS HPB course (New Delhi). Lecture on Biliary and vascular anatomy with pitfalls and variations. 2017
- FALS Colorectal Surgery course (New Delhi). Lecture on Management of hepatic colorectal metastasis- an evidence based algorithm. 2017
- Fight VTECON (New Delhi). Lecture on Porto-mesenteric venous thrombosis- an often-missed diagnosis. 2017
- New Horizons in minimal invasive surgery in India (New Delhi). Lecture on Laparoscopic management of hydatid Cyst. 2018
- Guest lecture on ‘Liver Transplantation- The Ultimate Panacea for End Stage Liver Disease’ in MESOCON 2018, Regional Institute of medical sciences, Imphal, Manipur,24th March 2018.
- Invited talk on ‘Surgical Management of Colorectal Metastasis’ in Minimal Access Surgical Clinics 2018, Gurugram, August 2018.\
- Invited talk on ‘Siultaneous Living Donor Liver Transplantation with Open Heart Surgery’ in Liver Club meeting, September 2018. Delhi
- Invited talk on ‘Liver transplant in PSC-Indications and outcome’ in SGRH-ILGPS Conference on 8-9 September 2018. New Delhi.
- Invited talk on Rectal prolapse-Surgical management in AMU clinics 2019.
- Invited talk on Rectovaginal Fistula in ACRSI instructional course-April 2019
- Invited talk on Thick walled Gall bladder-surgical dilemma in Mid term CME IHPBA 2019
- Moderated the session on Liver Transplant in HCC in Clinics in Hepatobiliaru disease in September 2019.
- Presented video lecture on LAR with ileostomy in ACSRICON November 2019-Mumbai.
- Lalwani S, Varma V, Mehta N, Kumaran V, Nundy S. Small bowel stricture following blunt abdominal trauma.Tropical Gastroentero. 2011;32 (4):304-308.
- Lalwani S, Govindasamy M, Gupta M, Siraj F, Varma V, Mehta N, Kumaran V, Mohan N, Chopra P, Arora A, Agarwal S, Soin A, Nundy S. Gastrointestinal mucormycosis-four cases with different risk factors, involving different anatomical sites. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2012 Jun;31(3):139-43.
- Gupta M, Lalwani S et al. Severe Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitis Complicated by Colonic Fistulae. The Ganga Ram Journal 2011;1:3–7.
- Chattopadhyay S, Lalwani S, Mehta N, Varma V, Kumaran V, Nundy S. Hydatid cyst-colonic fistula: endogenic with ectogenic vesiculation. Tropical Gastroenterology 2012;33 (3):221–222.
- Lalwani S, Pankaj R. N, Mehrotra S, Mangla V, Nundy S, Mehta N, Pediatric liver transplant- Review –Current medical research and practice 2014:4(5):206–213
- Lalwani S, Varma V, Kumaran V, Mehta N, Nundy S. ‘Complex Rectovaginal Fistula – an Experience at a Tertiary Care Centre’ Doi.10.1007/s1226-2015-1218-7
- Bhoy T, Chaudhary N, Mangla V, Radhakrishnan N, Sachdeva A, Lalwani S, Nundy S, Mehta NN. Management of Hepatoblastoma: Team work’s the key! The Ganga Ram Journal 2013;3:273-276.
- Tejal Bhoy, Shailendra Lalwani, Jitendra Mistry, Vibha Varma, Vinay Kumaran, Samiran Nundy, Naimish Mehta. Primary hepatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor. Trop Gastroenterol. 2014;35(4):252-253
- Bansal RK, Ranjan P, Mehta N, Lalwani S, Kumaran V, Sachdeva MK, Komar M, Nundy S. Endoscopic Management of Post Liver Transplant Biliary Complications: A Prospective Study from Tertiary Centre in India. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology 2014; 4:S61. DOI:10.1016/j.jceh.2014.02.118
- Kagathara H, Lalwani S, Mangla V, Yadav A, Mehta N, Nundy S. Multivisceral resection for colorectal cancers: An analysis of prognostic factors and outcomes. IJSM 2016;2:12–16. doi:10.5455/ijsm.surgery01.
- New scoring system for differentiating xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis from gall bladder carcinoma: a tertiary care centre experience. ANZ Journal of SurgerySeptember 2016 DOI: 10.1111/ans.13733
- Solid Pseudo-Papillary Neoplasm of Pancreas: An Unusual Presentation and Management. JOP: Journal of the pancreas 17(4)August 2016
- Asymptomatic splenic artery aneurysm. Current Medicine research & Practice. May 2016. Current Medicine Research and Practice, Vol. 6, Issue 3, p136–137
- Can laparoscopic cholecystectomy prevent recurrent idiopathic acute pancreatitis? Current Medicine Research and Practice, Vol. 6, Issue 1, p37–39.
- Mangla V, Lalwani S, Mehrotra S, Mehta N, Nundy S. Liver parenchymal transection techniques. Bhutan Health Journal 2016 May;2:30-36
- Jha SK, Mangla V, Lalwani S, Mehrotra S, Radhakrishnan N, Agarwal S, Sachdeva A, Nundy S, Mehta N. Solid pseudo papillary neoplasm of pancreas; an unusal presentation and management JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2016 Jul 08; 17(4):440-443.
- Mangla V, Lalwani S, Sharma A, Bhalla S, Nundy S, Mehta N. Successful living donor liver transplantation with partial nephrectomy for co-existing renal cell carcinoma and cirrhosis. Tropical Gastroenterology 2016 Jun 15;36(4):270-3.
- Mangla V, T Anila, Lalwani S, Mehta N, Nundy S . Clinical Features and Outcomes in Patients With Ulcerative Colitis and Cancer: A Single Centre Experience. Gastroenterology April 2016:150(4);1261-1262.
- Rajaguru, K., Mehrotra, S., Lalwani, S., Mangla, V., Mehta, N. and Nundy, S. (2016), New scoring system for differentiating xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis from gall bladder carcinoma: a tertiary care centre experience. ANZ Journal of Surgery. doi:10.1111/ans.13733
- Ray S, Mehta N, Lalwani S, Mangla V, Mehrotra S, Nundy S. Management of corrosive oesophageal injuries:a review. Bhutan Health Journal 2016 Nov;2:23-31.
- Mehta N, Mangla V, Varma V, Lalwani S, Mehrotra, Nundy S .Minimizing Hepatic Artery Thrombosis and Establishing Safety of Grafts With Dual Arteries in Living Donor Liver Transplantation.Transplant Proc.2018;50:1378-85.
- Nagar A, Mehrotra S, Yadav A, Mangla V, Lalwani S, Mehta N, Nundy S .Distal Bowel Re-feeding in Patients with Proximal Jejunostomy. J Gastrointest Surg. 2018 . doi: 10.1007/s11605-018-3752-7
- Mehrotra S, Mehta N, Rao PS, Lalwani S, Mangla V, Nundy S.Live donor liver transplantation for acute liver failure: A single center experience.Indian J Gastroenterol.2018;37:25-30
- Sapra RL, Mehrotra S, Lalwani S, Mangla V, Mehta N, Nundy S. Predicting mortality following gastrointestinal surgery . Current Medicine Research and Practice.2017;8:8-12
- Ray S, Mehta NN, Mehrotra S, Lalwani S, Mangla V, Yadav A, Nundy S. Effect of informed consent on patients undergoing gastrointestinal surgery and living donor liver transplantation and on their relatives in a developing country. BJS Open.2018;2:34-9.
- Golhar A, Mangla V, Mehrotra S, Lalwani S, Mehta N, Nundy S. Limited distal duodenal resection: Surgical approach and outcomes. A case series. Annals of Medicine and Surgery. 2018;30:36-41.
- Ray S, Mehta NN, Mangla V, Lalwani S, Mehrotra S, Chugh P, Yadav A, Nundy S. A Comparison between the Comprehensive Complication Index and the Clavien-Dindo Grading as a Measure of Postoperative Outcome in Patients Undergoing Gastrointestinal Surgery. A Prospective Study. July 2019. Journal of Surgical Research 244:417-424. DOI: 10.1016/j.jss.2019.06.093
- Singh S, Lalwani S, Sud S, Arora A, Nundy S. Early reversal of portal biliopathy in a young girl with extrahepatic portal venous obstruction. Current Medicine Research and Practice. 2019 Jul 17
- Mehrotra S, Lalwani S, Nundy S. Management Strategies for Patients with Hilar Cholangiocarcinomas: Challenges and Solutions. Hepat Med. 2020 Jan 23;12:1-13. doi: 10.2147/HMER.S223022..
- Book chapter- Pancreatic cancer-Pancreas
- Book chapter- Residents manual 2009
- Book Chapter- Lay books on GERD
- Book Chapter- Lay books on Gallstone
- Manipal Hospitals Dwarka started specialty OPD services at Rohtak by Dr Shailendra Lalwani to address the rising GI & Liver ailments in Rothak
- Dr. Shailendra Lalwani held specialty OPD for Gastrointestinal & Liver disorders in Lucknow was covered well in Lucknow media
- Dr. Shailendra Lalwani holds a specialty OPD in Rohtak addressing Liver Transplant and Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary Surgery for patients in Rothak
- Dr Shailendra Lalwani & Team successfully performed a liver transplant on 9 month old infant from Iraq giving the parents boundless joy covered extensively in media.
- Languages : English , Hindi, Sindhi
- Gender : Male