DR. SANKARAN SUNDAR
Consultant – Nephrology, Transplant Physician
Head – International Transplant Services
Manipal Hospital – Old Airport Road, Bengaluru
MD | DNB (Nephrology) | FRCP (UK)
Fellowship & Membership
- Founder Member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Founder Member of Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India
- Founder Member and Ex Convenor Nephrology Association of Karnataka Member the Transplant Society International
- Member Association Physicians of India
- Member Asia Pacific Society of Nephrology
- Ex- Chairman Indian Society of Nephrology S.C
Field of Expertise
- General Nephrology, Dialysis , Kidney Transplant & Palliative Renal Care
- Experience of over 2500 Kidney Transplants over 3 decades.
- Founder Director of Karnataka Nephrology & Transplant Institute (KANTI) since 1991.
- Former Chief Nephrologist Columbia Asia Hospitals
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded many Prestigious Orations and Presented and Chaired many sessions and papers in National International Conferences
- Editorial Board Journal of American Society of Nephrology (India).
- Vocational Service of Rotary International.
- Life Time Achievement Award Indian Society of Nephrology SC.
- Life Time Achievement Award Kidney Patients Welfare Association of Karnataka.
- Adjunct Professor of Nephrology, Manipal University. Chairman, Indian Society of Nephrology (S.C)
Talks & Publications
- Journal of Internal Medicine Research Review Report JIM3R.Indian Journal of Transplantation.
- 24 years after Kidney Transplant, Ranjan Singh flew to Bengaluru to thank doctor. – Indiatimes.com
- Mother donates Kidney to her 11 year Old Son @Manipal Hospitals Bangalore, India
- MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA (MCI) VALID PUBLICATION AS PER FEBRUARY 2020 GAZETTEKidney patients may not show classical symptoms- Dr. Ravi Jangamani, Consultant – Nephrology, Transplant Physician; Dr. Sankaran Sundar, Consultant – Nephrology, Transplant Physician Head – International Transplant Services
- Doctors say cadaver kidney transplantation dropped after Covid outbreak- Dr Sankaran Sundar, Consultant – Nephrology, Transplant Physician, Head, International Transplant Services; Dr Vishwanth. S, HoD and Consultant – Nephrology.
- Renal patients at high risk from COVID-19 – Dr.Ravi Jangamani ; Dr.Sankaran Sundar ; Department of Nephrology, Manipal Hospitals, Old Airport Road.
- Languages : English, Kannada, Tamil, Hindi
- Gender : Male