DR. S VIDYADHARA - HOD & Consultant of Spine Surgery & Spine Care
DR. S VIDYADHARA
HOD & Consultant – Spine Surgery, Spine Care
Manipal Hospital, HAL Old Airport Road, Kodihalli, Bengaluru.
QUALIFICATION: MBBS | MS | DNB | FNB (Spine Surgery) | FHKU (Spine Surgery)
Fellowship & Membership
- Chairman, Communication Committee of Scoliosis Research Society USA (2017-20).
- Editor, SRS Newsletter (2017-20).
- Active Fellow of “Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) since 2008.
- Fellow of University of Hong Kong in Spine Surgery 2008.
- Fellow of National board of Examinations (FNB) in Spine Surgery 2004-06.
- Adjunct Visiting Professor of Spine Surgery (Manipal University)
Field of Expertise
- Non-operative and operative treatment of neck & back pain.
- Various injection techniques in the spinal disorders.
- Microscopic and Endoscopic Procedures.
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Stabilization, Posterior and Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF / TLIF).
- Artificial Disc Replacement.
- Complex Cervical Spine Surgeries.
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty for Osteoporotic fractures,
- Surgery for Spinal Tumors.
- Scoliosis Correction Surgeries.
- Spinal Osteotomies for Kyphosis.
- Spinal Column Reconstruction – Posterior/ Anterior.
- Surgeries for Spinal Cord / Column Tumors.
Awards & Achievements
- First Indian to become Chairman of Communication Committee of Scoliosis Research Society, USA (2017-20)
- First Indian to get the prestigious Scoliosis Research Society Traveling Fellowship in 2012,
- Fifth from India and lone active member of Scoliosis Research Society from Karnataka,
- International Society for Study of Lumbar Spine (ISSLS) Best Research Award 2010,
- Most Promising Spine Research Award Hong Kong Orthopedic Association, 2009
- Scoliosis Research Spine Society Educational Scholarship, 2008
- Dr. R L Mittal IOA Fellowship, 2008,
- Lester Lowe SICOT Award, 2007
- ISCA Young Scientist Award (President’s Medal) from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in 2006
- ASSI-Deputy Best Spine Research Award 2005
- APOA Traveling Fellowsip 2005
Talks & Publications
- Randomized clinical study to compare the accuracy of navigated and non-navigated thoracic pedicle screw insertion in difficult deformity correction surgeries. S Rajasekaran, S Vidyadhara, Ramesh P, Shetty AP. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007; 32: E56-64.
- Iso-C3D fluoroscopy based navigation in direct screw fixation of Hangman’s fracture – A case report. S Rajasekaran, S Vidyadhara, Shetty AP. J Spinal Disorders and Techniques 2007; 20(8): 616-9.
- Coupling between sagittal and frontal plane deformity correction in idiopathic thoracic scoliosis and its relationship with post-operative sagittal alignment. Luk KDK, S Vidyadhara et al. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010; 35(11): 1158-64.
- Intra-operative Iso-C3D C-arm Navigation for pedicle screw instrumentation of Hangman’s fracture. S Rajasekaran, S Vidyadhara et al. J Orthop Surg 2007 Apr; 15(1): 73-77.
- ISSLS Prize Winner: A Study of Effects of In Vivo Mechanical Forces on Human Lumbar Discs With Scoliotic Disc as a Biological Model: Results From Serial Post-contrast Diffusion Studies, Histopathology and Biochemical Analysis of Twenty-One Human Lumbar Scoliotic Discs. Rajasekaran S, S Vidyadhara, et al Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010; 35 (21): 1930-43 (Cited by 45).
- Predictability of supine radiographs for determining in-brace correction for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. JPY Cheung, KKL Yiu, S Vidyadhara et al. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018; 43 (14), 971-976.
- Rationale in the Management of 4-Level Lumbar Spondylolyses with or Without Instability and/or Spondylolisthesis. S Vidyadhara. Spine 2014; 39 (12): E734-E738.
- Spine surgeon Dr. S Vidyadhara cautions about spondylitis
- She attends school with ventilator
- Hope againts hope – Surgical miracle at manipal hospital, bangalore
- Surgical Marvel : Boy will walk after two years wait
- How work from home has triggered an epidemic of pain, Dr. S. Vidyadhara, Head of Spine Surgery, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road
- Languages : English, Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Tulu Konkani
- Gender : Male