Dr. Rekha Mittal
Senior Consultant – Pediatric Neurology
MADHUKAR RAINBOW CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL & BIRTHRIGHT, DELHI.
Qualification: MBBS, MD(Pediatrics), Fellowship in Pediatric Neurology (AIIMS)
Dr. Rekha Mittal worked for 22 ½ years in the field of Pediatrics & later as Pediatric Neurologist in Armed Forces Medical Services. She took premature retirement when she was Senior Advisor (Pediatrics and Pediatric Neurology) & professor at Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt, & Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi Cantt. She was the first Pediatric Neurologist of the Armed Forces, and established Pediatric Neurology Services at Army Hospital (Research and Referral) Delhi Cantt. Subsequently has worked in various prestigious hospitals in Delhi- NCR. Successfully ran an NGO : Roshni Centre for Special Children, where Pediatric Neurology Services were provided free of cost.
- Dr. Rekha Mittal has an experience of 31 years in the field of Pediatrics & 20 years in Pediatric Neurology.
Areas of Interest:
- Epilepsy, EEG and Video EEG
- Developmental Delay, Intellectual Disability and other developmental disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Indian Epilepsy Society
- Association of Child Neurology ( Also a Founder member of the Association)
- International Child Neurology Association
- Former Secretary – Association of Child Neurology ( 2012 – 2013)
- Organized many Conferences/ Workshops and CMEs at National and International Level
- Guest Speaker and resource person at Conferences/ Workshops and CMEs at National and International Level
- Publications in National and International Journals
- External examiner for MD exam at Pravara Institute of Medical Scinces, Loni, Maharashtra, 2009
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Female