DR. RANJAN SHETTY
HOD & Consultant – Interventional Cardiology
Manipal Hospital, Old Airport Road, Bengaluru
MD (AIIMS) | DM (PGIMER) | FACC | FESC | FSCAI | MBA
Fellowship & Membership
- Member of American College of Cardiology
- Member of European Society of Cardiology
- Member of Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention
- Member of Cardiology Society of India
Field of Expertise
- Pioneer in Left Atrial Appendage device closure in South East Asia
- Expertise in Trans-Aortic Valve Implantations
- Expertise in complex coronary interventions especially chronic total occlusion, left main interventions, rota-ablation, bifurcation lesions
- Expertise in Device Implantations especially para-valvular leak closures, atrial septal defects device closures, patent ductus arteriosus device closures, ventricular septal defect device closures
- Expertise in peripheral interventions especially stenting in aortic dissections, Takayasu arteritis
- Special Interests:
- Structural Heart Disease Interventions especially left atrial appendage closure, TAVI, devices in congenital heart disease
- Complex coronary interventions especially chronic total occlusion, left main intervention, rota-ablation
- Academics – Training fellows in cardiology; Actively involved in publications & research
Awards & Achievements
- Authored and co-authored more than 50 publications
- Performed the maximum number of left atrial appendage closures in India
- Principle Investigator and Co-investigator in multiple trials – completed and on-going
- Assist Project (EU funded study on Rheumatic Fever and Rheumatic Heart Disease
- School Health Study PI (Philips Initiative).
- Tuxedo Trial PI (Bostan Scientific Initiative)
- Superia Trial PI (Superia Initiative).
- Neonatal Heart Disease Screening trial PI (Philips Initiative).
- Stoke evaluation – (Xerox Initiative)
- Wireless Ultraportable Mobile Technology Based Electrocardiogram System – Co-PI (Intel Initiative)
- Manipal BOP– Portable ECHO user requirements and analysis (Philips Initiative).
- Ultrasound usability testing (Philips Initiative).
- Leader Trial Co –PI (Novanordis Initiative).
- SCORED Trial PI (Sanofi Initiative)
- Organized and conducted multiple conferences
- a. Manipal Cardiology update 1 November 2011 – Organizing Secretary
- b. Manipal Interventional Cardiology conference April 2012 – Organizing secretary
- c. Manipal Cardiology update 2 November 2012 – Organizing Secretary
- d. Manipal Cardiology update 3 November 2013 – Organizing Secretary
- Youngest Professor in Cardiology (Professor since 2013)
- Authored and Co-Authored chapters in books
- a. Diabetes and Heart API Textbook 2010 Dr Ranjan Shetty, Dr N R Rau.
- b. Emerging and Re-emerging infection API Textbook 2007 Rita Sood, Ranjan Shetty
- c. Healthy Heart, Manipal University Press
- Guide and Co-Guide for many thesis and research
- Training fellows in Cardiology – DM, DNB
- Smt Kirpaul Kaur Medal – The Best House Physician 2002
Talks & Publications
- Heart attack
- Another heart attack
- COVID-19 patients in Karnataka given blood thinners to prevent clots, Dr Ranjan Shetty, HoD and consultant, Interventional Cardiology, Manipal Hospitals. Post recovery, patients continue to suffer from COVID-19 sym
- Recovered from Covid? There’s a new test in town – Dr. Ranjan Shetty, HOD and Interventional Cardiologist, Old Airport Road Manipal Hospitals
- According to Dr. Ranjan Shetty, HOD and Interventional Cardiologist at Old Airport Road Manipal Hospitals, ‘COVID doesn’t only affect the lungs but also heart and other organs. He further explains that D Dimer tests help determine if there are any clots. It should also be done for those in home isolation.’
- Dr. Satyanarayana Mysore HOD Pulmonology Department, Manipal Hospitals, Old Airport Road, Dr Ranjan Shetty, an Interventional Cardiologist, Manipal Hospitals, Old Airport Road, Dr. Ranjith Mohan, Consultant, Infectious disease
- Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore shows the way forward in tackling the rising burden of Heart Diseases among Indians on World Heart Day
- Coronoary Artery disease is commonly seen in young individuals says Dr. Ranjan Shetty, HOD and Consultant – Interventional Cardiology, Old Airport road
- Cardiologists adopt alternatives to blood thinners- Dr. Ranjan Shetty, HOD & Consultant – Interventional Cardiology, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road
- Dr. Ranjan Shetty, HOD & Consultant – Interventional Cardiology, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road
- Do cardiac arrest and heart attack mean the same? Here’s what the expert says- Dr. Ranjan Shetty, HOD & Consultant – Interventional Cardiology, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road
- “Heart Heath and Cardiac Issues during the Winter Season” conducted a live webinar in Mysuru district 10-12-2020, resented by Dr. Ranjan Shetty, HOD & Consultant -Interventional Cardiology, Manipal Hospitals, Old Airport Road.
- Live Webinar on “Heart Heath and Cardiac Issues during the Winter Season” in Mysuru district presented by Dr. Ranjan Shetty, HOD & Consultant -Interventional Cardiology, Manipal Hospitals, Old Airport Road.
- Risk of heart emergencies significantly higher in winter – Dr Ranjan Shetty, HOD & Consultant – Interventional Cardiology, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road.
- STROKE OF CHANGE – Dr. Ranjan Shetty, HOD & Consultant – Interventional Cardiology, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road.
- Languages : Kannada Hindi English Tulu Malayalam
- Gender : Male