Dr. Ramesh Konanki
Consultant- Pediatric Neurologist
RAINBOW CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL & BIRTHRIGHT- BANJARA HILLS, HYDERABAD
Qualification: MBBS, MD(Peds), DM.
Dr. Ramesh Konanki has graduated (MBBS) from the prestigious Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool, and completed MD Pediatrics from the premier medical institute in the country, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. He further completed DM Pediatric Neurology (3-year programme) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He acquired extensive training in managing simple and complex neurological problems and developmental disorders seen in newborns and children.
His research work includes:
- Etiological risk factor profile in Pediatric stroke
- Telephone follow-up for children with Neuro-cysticercosis and seizures: Feasibility and utility
- Validation of new diagnostic instruments for identifying Cerebral Palsy and Epilepsy among children aged 2-9 years
- Publications on: Leukodystrophies, Moya Moya disease, Stroke in children, Guillain-Barre syndrome, infantile-onset epilepsy etc.,
He has sixteen publications in various international peer-reviewed scientific journals. He has also presented scientific papers at International conferences held in Daegu, South Korea (2009) and London, UK (2011).
He is also an active member of a nation-wide multicenter study on Childhood Neurodevelopmental disorders being conducted by International Clinical Epidemiology Network (INCLEN).
Areas of interest
- Neurometabolic disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Stroke in Children
- Neonatal Neurology
- Cerebral Palsy and other Neurodevelopmental disorders
- To develop comprehensive neurological, developmental and rehabilitation services for children
- To educate and empower Primary care physicians and Pediatricians in the optimal management of common neurological problems in children
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male