DR. RAJEEV VERMA
HOD And Consultant – Joint Replacement And Orthopaedics
Manipal Hospitals – Dwarka, Delhi.
MBBS | MS (Orthopaedics, Govt. Medical College, Patiala, Punjab) | SR (Trauma And Orthopaedics | MRCS (England) | Msc (Health Science And Practice-Orthopaedics).
Fellowship & Membership
- Indian Orthopaedic Association (Life Member)
- Royal College of Surgeons, England
- British Trauma Society
Field of Expertise
- Primary + Revision Knee Replacement
- Primary + Revision Hip Replacement
- Sports Injuries and Arthroscopic Surgeries
Awards & Achievements
- Won National Talent Search exam, conducted by Government of India and awarded bursary for undergraduate medical studies.
Talks & Publications
- Rajeev Verma, Alan S Rigby, CJ Shaw, A Mohsen. Hip fractures: Does the age influence acute hospital stay, time delay to surgery and acute care costs? Orthopedics. 2010 Mar 10:160-165.
- R Verma, S Krishan, K Haendlmayer, A Mohsen. Functional outcome of computer assisted pedicle screw placement- A systematic review and meta-analysis of 23 studies including 5992 pedicle screws. Eur Spine J. 2010 Mar;19(3):370-5.
- P Monga, R Verma, VK Sharma. Closed reduction and external fixation of displaced fractures of proximal humerus. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2009 Aug;17(2):142-5.
- R Verma, R Seymour, M Hocking. Endovascular coil embolization of pseudoaneurysm of a branch of the anterior tibial artery following total knee replacement- case report. J Knee Surg. 2009 Jul;22(3):269-71.
- Rajeev Verma, Alan S Rigby, CJ Shaw, A Mohsen. Acute care of hip fractures in centenarians – Do we need more resources? Injury. 2009 Apr 40(4):368-70.
- E Tayton, R Verma, B Higgins, H Gosal. A correlation of time to meniscal tears in anterior cruciate ligament deficiency: stratifying the risk of surgical delay. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2009 Jan;17(1):30-4.
- Rajeev Verma, Kurt Haendlmayer, Roger Phillips, Amr Mohsen. A meta-synthesis and meta-analysis of the functional outcome of computer assisted pedicle screw placement. Invited to write an article for Finnish Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedics. Suomen Ortopedia ja Traumatologia 2008 Nov 31(2):162-67.
- R Verma, R Rambani, R Phillips, J Liu, A Mohsen. Computer assisted orthopaedic surgical system (CAOSS) – A new way forward for orthopaedic surgical training. Published in the International Journal of Computer assisted Radiology and Surgery (IJCARS) 2008.
- Verma R. Anticoagulation management in hip fracture patients on warfarin. Letter to editor in Injury. 2007 February; 38(2): 253.
- Verma R, Ashworth M.A. Innovative way of taking bone graft from femoral head. The Annals of Royal College of Surgeons, England. 2006 July; 88(4): 416.
- Monga P, Jagannath CS, Verma R, Sharma VK. Complete slipping of the capital femoral epiphysis after haematogenous osteomyelitis. Canadian Journal of Surgery. 2003 Feb; 46(1): 59-60.
- Chandra Rajesh, Verma Rajeev, Monga P. Asymptomatic intrapelvic migration of guide wire. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2003 Oct; 37(4):274-275.
- Verma R, Chandra R, Swamy MKS. Reconstruction of first metacarpal bone after traumatic amputation. Orthopaedics Today 2002; IV (2): 107-108.
- My project on the “Training and assessment of psychomotor skills using computer assisted orthopaedic surgery system (CAOSS)” involves using a CAOSS system to be used as a training system.
- The system has a role in training the orthopaedic trainee in trajectory planning and implementation which forms a substantial part of current and future orthopaedic practice. The concept is based on the basic orthopaedic principle where the placement of a surgical tool at a specific site within a region via a trajectory that is planned from X-ray based 2D images and is governed by 3D anatomical constraints.
- Interlocking nailing of femoral diaphyseal fractures- A prospective study of 20 cases including critical analysis of complications with suggestions from our experience and submitted it as dissertation for award of MS (postgraduate) Degree.
- Computer assisted orthopaedic training system for fracture fixation. R Rambani, R Verma, A Mohsen, R Phillips. Poster presentation at AAOS, 2010.
- Change in BMI after hind-foot arthrodesis- A retrospective review of prospectively collected data. R Verma, R Gardner, E Tayton, R Brown. Podium presentation at EFORT 2009.
- A correlation of time to meniscal tears in anterior cruciate ligament deficiency: stratifying the risk of surgical delay. R Verma, E Tayton, H Gosal. E-poster at EFORT, 2009.
- Acute care of hip fractures in centenarians – Do we need more resources? Rajeev Verma, Alan S Rigby, CJ Shaw, A Mohsen. E-poster at EFORT, 2009.
- Computer assisted orthopaedic surgical system (CAOSS) – A new way forward for orthopaedic surgical training. R Verma, A Mohsen, R Phillips et al. Oral and poster presentation at International Computer assisted Radiology and Surgery meet in Barcelona on 25-28 June 2008.
- Complete avulsion of flexor digitorum profundus tendon at myotendinous junction with degloving and disarticulation. R Verma, G Gardner. Poster presentation at ESTES (European society of trauma and emergency surgery) in Budapest on 24-27 May 2008.
- Hip fractures: Does the age influence acute hospital stay, time delay to surgery and acute care costs? Rajeev Verma, Alan S Rigby, CJ Shaw, A Mohsen. Podium presentation at British Trauma Society, Newcastle, 14 May 2009.
- The unfulfilled promise – Meta-analysis of functional outcomes of pedicle screws insertion with the help of navigation. R Verma, K Haendlmayer, R Phillips, A Mohsen. Podium presentation at British Scoliosis Society on 26th Sept. 2008.
- Change in BMI after mid-foot and hind-foot arthrodesis- A retrospective review of prospectively collected data. R Verma, R Gardner, E Tayton, R Brown. Podium presentation at British Orthopaedic Association on 17-19 Sept. 2008.
- Computer assisted orthopaedic surgery (CAOS) for pedicle screw placement – Systematic review of literature. R Verma, M Akula, R Phillips, A Mohsen. At Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Society, UK in Glasgow as oral presentation on 7-9 Feb 2008.
- Systematic review & Critical Appraisal – Computer assisted Orthopaedic Surgery in Total Hip & Knee replacement. M Akula, R Verma, A Mohsen. At CAOS UK in Glasgow as oral presentation on 7-9 Feb 2008.
- Does oral vitamin K given in A&E help expedite surgery in fracture neck of femur patients on warfarin for atrial fibrillation? R Verma, E Tayton, PC Birch. Presented as oral paper at British Trauma Society in Nottingham on 4-5 October 2007.
- Delay in surgery of patients on warfarin with fracture neck of femur. R Verma, E Tayton, PC Birch. Presented at Indian Orthopaedic Society annual meet at Liverpool on 26th June 2008.
- Recurrent Giant cell tumour of lower end of femur-Excision of distal end of femur and replacement with custom made total knee prosthesis. R Verma, J Dixon. Presented at Annual South West Sarcoma study day at BRI education centre, Bristol on 6th October 2006.
- Dr. Rajeev Verma in an authored article throwing some focus onto the vulnerabilities of the elderly during this pandemic in Rediff.com
- Dr. Rajeev Verma in an informative article on the rise in injuries due to a fall in the elderly in THE PIONEER today
- Manipal Hospitals Delhi hold a Ortho & Joint Replacement Specialty OPD by Dr Rajeev Verma In the city of Jammu carried in media
- Languages : English, Hindi, Punjabi
- Gender : Male