Dr. Rajat Agrawal
Additional Director – Intensive Care, Critical Care Medicine
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla Road, Delhi.
MD (ANESTHESIA) from Baroda Medical College, 2003 in first attempt.
IDCC (Diploma in Critical Care) from FEHI in 2005 in first attempt
IFCC (Fellowship in Critical Care) from FEHI in 2008 in first attempt.
Dr. Rajat Agrawal is a Additional Director of Department of Critical Care Medicine at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute New Delhi.
Managing 50 bedded Medical & Surgical ICU with team of 20 doctors.
Teacher of Critical Care Medicine in DNB (Diplomate in National Board) and ISCCM (Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine).
Member of various forums of the hospital which are involved in policy making like Infection control, CPR analysis, Stroke, Pharmaco Therapeutic committee and AMS committee.
- Invited Speaker at National Convention of GMA(Ghaziabad) on E Healthcare .
- Best Doctor of the year at FEHI 2011.
- Fortis Living of value award for saving a life of pregnant lady with abortion and septic shock in 2015.
- Awarded certificate for 10 years of service in FEHI.
Experience & Accomplishments
- Has 15 years experience in Multispecialty Critical Care with Cardiac Care as focus of interest. Have performed more than 200 Tracheostomy and other ICU procedures like venous and arterial cannulations, Intra aortic balloon pump, chest drains and other ICU procedures.
- In charge of ECMO programme at FEHI
- In charge of Renal transplant ICU at Fortis Escorts.
- Opened New Gastro ICU of 12 beds and also involved in first Liver Transplant of Fortis Escorts.
- Initiated the FAST (Thrombolysis in acute Stroke programme at FEHI) along with neurology. One of the first hospitals in Delhi NCR with this project.
- Initiated Percutaneous Tracheostomy in FEHI in 2007 and built up closed ICU system over past few years.
- Initiated “Critical care updates”: Quarterly CME on Intensive care with local physicians in New Delhi, Ghaziabad, Hapur, Agra and Hisar in 2014-15
- Speaker and Panelist in various Intensive care meetings.
- ACLS instructor and convener of ACLS courses at the hospital.
- Member of Hospital Ethics Committee on Transplant.
- Principle Investigator in multicentric Trial on “Burden of Invasive Fungal Infection in 2014.”
- As co author of chapter on “Fluid & Electrolyte Disorders” in Advanced Cardiovascular Medicine
- First Edn 2016: Jaypee Brothers
- Principle Investigator in Stroke Registree in 2009.
- Chair person in ISCCM National Conference Agra 2016
- Faculty in Clinical Nutrition Expert meeting by Aesculap Academy in 2015.
- Panelist on Management of MDR infections in National ISCCM conference in Bangluru 2015.
- Panelist on discussion on Fungal Infections in National ISCCM Conference 2014 Jaipur.
- Chairperson in 2013 ISCCM Conference in Kolkata on session of Parentral nutrition and Pancreatitis.
- Abstract on “Epidemiology and resistance pattern of nosocomial blood stream infections in developing world: what has changed.” ECCMID 2016.
- Abstract on “Epidemiology, Treatment Pattern and Outcomes of Candida Infection in Non Neutropenic patients in a Medical ICU of a developing country.” ESICM 2016 Milan.
- Abstract on: “Disseminated Cryptococcal infection in young immunocompetent host“ case report CRITICARE 2016 Agra.
- Abstract on: “Fluid resuscitation using Balanced salt solution in sepsis: Observational study” CRITICARE 2016 AGRA.
- Abstract on “Mechanical prophylaxis for DVT prevention in critically ill mechanically ventilated patients” ESICM 2015 Berlin
- Abstract on “Early tracheostomy in Parkinson`s disease” in ISCCM 2015 Bangluru.
- Incidence of Neurological manifestations of Dengue fever” SCCM 2015.
- Abstract on “Efficacy of MRI based Protocol in Stroke Management in ISCCM Bangluru 2015.
- Abstract presentation in ICICEM 2015 Brussels on “Source of MDR Gram Negative Infections in ICU: Bursting the myth “
- Abstract Presentation in ESICM, Paris 2013 “Hospital acquired blood stream infections: Indian perspective”
- Abstract Presentation in SCCM, San Francisco, 2014 on “Rise of non albicans candida in ICU: time to bid adieu to azoles? Not yet.
- Abstract Presentation on Rare metronidazol toxicity in liver abscess in SCCM in 2014
- “Difficult airway management in ICU (CASE SERIES) ISCCM Kolkata 2013
- “Role of therapeutic hypothermia in neurological outcome in cardiac arrest patients” ISCCM Kolkata 2013
- “Brain abscess with septic shock in unrepaired Tetralogy of Fallot” ISCCM Kolkata 2013.
- Principal investigator in stroke registry in 2008.
- Principal investigator in Burden of Invasive Fungal Infections in India in 2014.
- Abstracts published in ESICM Berlin-2011, Paris-2013, SCCM Los Angeles-2014 and ISCCM 2011 & 2012.
- Initiated ECMO Programme for ARDS patients at FEHI.
- Managing closed system of ICU with team of 18 doctors.
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male