Dr R Anto Sahayaraj - Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery
Dr. R Anto Sahayaraj
Department: Cardiac Sciences
Designation: Senior Consultant – Institute of Cardiac Sciences
Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.S (General Surgery), M.Ch (Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery)
Dr R Anto Sahayaraj is a highly skilled cardiothoracic surgeon with over 20 years of experience in the Department of Cardiac surgery. He had pursued his M.B.B.S, M.S, and M.Ch(CTVS) from the Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R Medical University. He underwent further training as a Fellow in Paediatric Cardiac Surgery at Starship Children’s Hospital in New Zealand.
Over the course of his career, he has successfully performed various types of adult and paediatric cardiac surgeries. He is well known for his ability to perform surgeries like coronary artery bypass grafting (Off Pump CABG), heart valve surgery, neonatal and infant heart surgeries with excellent results. He has an extensive experience in the use of homografts in aortic valve replacements and paediatric cardiac surgeries.
Since his involvement in the first pediatric transplantation in India (2008) he has been actively involved in heart transplantation and ECMO both in our country and abroad. He has peer-reviewed publications in international journals and has made many presentations in national and international conferences. He is an active member of the Indian Association of Cardio Thoracic Surgery and the Paediatric Cardiology Society of India.
20+ Years of Experience
Senior Consultant in Cardiac Surgery at Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai, India
Senior Consultant in Cardiac Surgery at FLL & Dr KM Cherian heart foundation Chennai, India
Consultant in Paediatric Cardiac Surgery at MIOT Hospital, Chennai, India
Surgical Fellow in Paediatric Cardiology at Starship Children’s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Senior Resident in Cardio-Thoracic Surgery at Madras Medical College, Chennai, India
- Coronary Artery Bypass grafting (CABG)
- Heart valve replacement
- Neonatal and infant cardiac surgery
- Surgical correction of cyanotic heart disease
- Single ventricle palliation including Fontan surgery
- Unifocalisation of MAPCAs
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS)
- Heart transplantation and ECMO
- Save the Children Korea Award 2008, Jeju, South Korea, Asia Pacific Paediatric Cardiology Society.
- ‘Closed Mitral Commissurotomy Following Pericardial Strip Posterior Mitral Annuloplasty’ published in the Journal Annals of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery by Anto Sahayaraj R, Krishnan, et al.
- ‘Indigenous Decellularised Jugular Venous Valved Conduit In Truncus Arteriosus Repair’ published in the European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery by Anto Sahayaraj R, Soma Guhathakurta, et al.
- ‘Endomyocardial Fibrosis Mimicking Ebstein’s Anomaly: A Diagnostic Challenge’ published in the Texas Heart Institute Journal by Vaidyanathan K, Agarwal R, Sahayaraj A, et al.
- ‘Persistent Fifth Aortic Arch’ published in The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery by Raghavan Subramanyan, Anto Sahayaraj R, et al.
- ‘Repair Of Tetralogy Of Fallot With Ascending And Proximal Aortic Arch Aneurysm: Case Report’ published in the Journal of Cardiac Surgery by Anto S. Ramayya, Robert Coelho, et al.
- ‘Cruciate Fenestration In Ventricular Septal Defect Patch For High-Risk Patients With High Pulmonary Vascular Resistance’ published in the World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery by Anto Sahayaraj, Anuradha Sridhar, et al.
- ‘3D Printing To Model Surgical Repair Of Complex Congenitally Corrected Transposition Of The Great Arteries’ published in the World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery by R. Anto Sahayaraj, S Ramanan, et al.
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male
- Cardiac Surgery