Dr. Praveen Gupta
Director & HOD – Neurology
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram.
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology).
Dr. Praveen Gupta has established two departments in his 18 years of career in Neurology in two large corporate hospitals in Paras and Artemis seeing largest no. of OPD (100 Patient per day) and IPD (50 patient per day). Credit of starting first stroke centre in Gurgaon and first to use solitaire for mechanical thrombolysis also started DBS in Gurgaon and DBS for epilepsy in Asia. He is frequently invited speaker at National and International Conferences, Treatments and Services Complete neuroscience centre providing most advanced intervention in all form including all kind of stroke intervention/stroke rehabilitation / botox / cerebral palsy/advanced second line management for multiple scelerosis / epileptic surgery / DBS surgery for PD patients.
Work Experience: Total 14 years
- Indian Association of Neurology (IAN)
- Association of physicians of India (API)
Main Speciality: Neurology
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Somatoform disorder
- DBS for Parkinsonism/Epilepsy
Awards and Honours
- AIIMS Gold Medalist
- B R Ambedkar Seva Ratna
- Gem of India
- Best neurologist in Delhi NCR by Times Research
- Outstanding Natural Citizen
- Golden Achiever’s Award
- Sarvashestra Chikitsak samman
- The lotolamp Study India’s first Randomised controlled trial in Migraine prophylaxis published in the journal “Headache”.
- Akinetic rigid Syndrome: An overview accepted for publication in Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology
- P Gupta, R Dewan, R Nehru, V Goyal, R Anand, S Khatri M Behari. Approach to a case of dystonia. In Singh KK, Sahoo PK, Mohan CVR, Singh P, Bhatoe HS, Mukerji JD, Gorthi SP (Eds). Progress in neurology, 2004; 83-96
- Tripathi M, Gupta P. Risk factors of dementia. In Radhakrishnan K (Eds). Reviews in Indian Neurology 2003,103-123.
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male