Dr. Parthasarathy Srinivasan - Orthopaedic Trauma, Orthopaedics, Spine Surgery
Orthopedic Surgeon, Spine Surgery
Dr. Parthasarathy Srinivasan
Senior Consultant – Orthopaedics,
Head – Spine Surgery
Speciality- Orthopaedic Trauma, Orthopaedics, Spine Surgery
Dr. Rela Institute & Medical Centre- Chennai
Dr. Parthasarathy Srinivasan National Board-certified Spine surgeon and also the first and senior most FNB trained spine surgeon in Chennai. He has more than 10 years of experience in spine surgery with over 1000 spine surgeries performed. He is currently National faculty in both AO Spine and the Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) and is regularly part of spine training programs in the country. He is the author of invited review articles on spine trauma for the Indian spine journal as well as chapters in the ASSI monograms (a series of concise textbooks for the practicing spine surgeon). He is a reviewer for Spine related articles in the Indian Journal of Orthopedics (IJO) and Indian Spine Journal (ISJ). His other interests include endurance running and triathlons
MBBS, D Ortho, DNB (Ortho), MNAMS, FNB (Spine Surgery)
- MBBS 2001, Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
- D Ortho 2003, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- DNB Ortho 2006, National Board of Examination
- FNB – Spine Surgery 2010, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore
- Scoliosis correction
- Computer Navigated Spine surgery
- Complex deformity correction
- Minimal Invasive and Keyhole Spine Surgery for disc prolapse
- Spine infections and Tuberculosis
- Spine trauma and Spinal cord injury rehabilitation
- Nerve root blocks and Spinal injections
- June 2010- 2013 Consultant Spine Surgeon, Sundaram Medical Foundation
- 2013 to October 2018 Head of the department of Orthopaedics and Spine Surgery, Dr. Mehta’s Hospital, Chennai
Honors & Awards
- Awarded National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Scholarship by NCERT in 1993 for entire academic period.
Research & Publication
- Rajasekaran S, Avadhani A, Parthasarathy S, Shetty AP. Novel technique of reduction of a chronic atlantoaxial rotatory fixation using a temporary transverse transatlantal rod. Spine J. 2010 Oct;10(10):900-4
- Aebi M, Parthasarathy S, Avadhani A, Rajasekaran S. Minimal invasive anterior lumbar interbody fusion (mini ALIF). Eur Spine J. 2010 Feb;19(2):335-336.
- Chung JY, Parthasarathy S, Avadhani A, Rajasekaran S. Reduction of high grade listhesis. Eur Spine J. 2010 Feb;19(2):353-354.
- Parthasarathy Srinivasan, S. G. Thirumalaisamy, C. Sugavanam. Functional outcome of surgical management of acetabular fractures. Journal of Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic association, Volume 32, 2006
- Deepak S. Nair, Parthasarathy Srinivasan, C. Sugavanam. All poly knee revisited. Journal of Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic association, Volume 32, 2006
- Deepak S. Nair, Parthasarathy Srinivasan, C. Sugavanam. Satoyoshi Syndrome. Journal of Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic association, Volume 32, 2006
- Submitted a dissertation titled ‘Functional outcome of Surgical management of acetabular fractures’ –A descriptive study of 28 surgically managed acetabular fractures as per the guidelines of the National Board.
- Submitted a dissertation on ‘The effect of comorbidities in predicting perioperative mortality and morbidity in elective Spine Surgery with specific reference to the Charlson’s Comorbidity Index (CCI)’.
- Post-operative changes in CRP and ESR following elective Spine Surgery and their ability to predict post-operative infection
- Retrospective Analysis of revision lumbar spine surgery.
- The efficacy and accuracy of Computer navigation in severe deformity.
- Presented paper titled “IMSC nailing for Type 3C fractures of the femur” at Indo-German Orthopaedic foundation Seminar (‘All About the Knee’), Chennai-Nov 2004
- Presented paper titled “IMSC nailing for Type 3C fractures of the femur” at TNOACON 2005 at Cuddalore- Feb 2005
- Presented paper titled “Functional outcome of surgical management of acetabular fractures” at TNOACON-2006 at Chennai-March 2006
- Presented paper titled “Floating Hip and Femur nailing” at NAILSCON-2006 at Coimbatore-April 2006. Won best paper award for the same.
- Presented paper titled “Revision spine surgery- Failed Back or Failed Surgeon?” at ASSICON 2009.
- Presented poster titled “Acute phase reactants as a predictor of post-operative infection in spine surgery” at ASSICON 2009.
- Presented paper titled “Acute phase reactants as a predictor of post-operative infection in spine surgery” at TNOACON 2009.
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male
- Orthopaedic Surgery