DR. MALLIKARJUN KALASHETTY - Haematology, Haemato Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplantation
Hematology, Oncologist/Cancer Specialist, Oncology & BMT Surgeon
DR. MALLIKARJUN KALASHETTY
Consultant – Haematology, Haemato Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplantation
Manipal Hospital- Hal Old Air Port Road, Bengalore
MBBS: Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum | MD: Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum | DM (Clinical Hematology): Seth G S Medical College & K E M Hospital Mumbai. | Fellowship: Bone Marrow Transplantation From Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, Canada.
Field of Expertise
- He has special interest and expertise in performing Blood & Bone Marrow transplantation, for various benign and malignant disorders. He is trained in transplantation at Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver Canada
- Diagnosing and treating, Malignant Haematologic disorders like Acute and Chronic Leukemias, Hodgkin’s and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphomas, Myeloma, Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS).
- Diagnosing and treating Red cell disorders like Aplastic Anaemia, Autoimmune Haemolytic Anemia, Nutritional Anaemia, Thalassemia, Sickle Cell Anaemia,
- Diagnosing and treating Platelet disorders like Immune thrombocytopenic purpura-ITP, Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)
- Diagnosing and treating thrombotic disorders like Deep vein thrombosis
- Diagnosing and treating bleeding and coagulation disorders like hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, platelet function disorders
- Evaluating and managing hematologic complications arising in pregnancy, postpartum period
- Evaluating and managing hematologic complications in Renal disorders, Rheumatologic disorders, Gastrointestinal disorders, Neurologic disorders, Intensive care units
Awards & Achievements
- Gold Medal- DM in Clinical Hematology from Seth G S Medical College & K E M Hospital Mumbai.
- Started State of the art Clinical Hematology, Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation center at HCG MSR Cancer Center, M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore.
Talks & Publications
- Participated as a resource person in pre-Congress workshop of the 42nd KSM annual academy sessions on Bone Marrow Transplantation organized by candy Society of medicine in collaboration with Sri Lanka College of haematologists on 27/01/2020 -delivered lectures on “Bone Marrow Transplantation”, “Management of acute GVHD”, “Post transplantation follow-up”
- Participated as a faculty in the haematology CME conducted by Bangalore Baptist Hospital on 25/01/2020 and delivered a lecture on “Management of Acute GVHD Challenges Faced in India”
- Participated as a faculty in KAPICON 2019-37th annual conference of physicians of India Karnataka chapter- 2019, conducted on 31/05/2019 to 02/06/2019 & delivered a lecture on “Bone Marrow Transplantation Who, How & When”
- Participated as a faculty in ARSICON 2019 -8th international conference of international Federation of rural surgery CME on 22/11/2019 to 24/11/2019 and delivered a lecture on “Hematologic Issues In Surgical Patients”
- Participated as a faculty in KAPICON 2015-33rd annual conference of physicians of India Karnataka chapter- 2015, on 12/06/2015 to 15/06/2015 & delivered a lecture on management of “Aplastic Anaemia”
- Participated as a faculty in the CME “Lymphocon 2019, on 18.10.14 & delivered a lecture on Patients with “Mantle Cell Lymphoma Should Receive An Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation In First Remission”
- A paper titled Demographical, Clinical & Laboratory profile of snake bites in North Karnataka, a one-year cross sectional study is accepted for publication in Medico-Legal Update Journal.
- Participated as guest faculty in the CME conducted by ESI medical services, Govt. of Karnataka, on 18.10.14 & delivered a lecture on “Diagnosis & Management of Hemophilia”
- Participated as guest faculty in the CME conducted by Dr. B R Ambedkar medical college Bangalore, on 16.09.14 & delivered lecture on “Updates In Management Of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia”
- Delivered guest lecture on “Diagnosis & Management Of Myelofibrosis” and “Chelation Therapy In Thalassaemia” at CME conducted by IMA- Hubli branch on 10th August 2014
- Participated as a faculty in KAPICON 2014-32nd annual conference of physicians of India Karnataka chapter- 2014, conducted on 16th to 18th May, held at Hubli- Karnataka, delivered a lecture on “Recent Updates In Managing Chronic Myeloid Leukemia”
- Participated as a resource person in National level workshop on TRANSPLANT NURSING held on February 28th , 2014 at BGS Global Hospital Bengaluru and gave a lecture on “Quality of life issues following BMT- role of patient and family education”
- Participated in Haematocon 2013 held in Mumbai from November 7th to November 10th 2013 as a faculty, and chaired a session on CLL, HCL and Miscellaneous paper presentation
- Published an abstract titled “Improved Survival In Adults With Mixed Phenotype Acute Leukemia Following Stem Cell Transplantation: A Single Center Experience” for 55th ASH Annual meeting and exposition held at New Orleans, LA, Dec 7th to Dec 10th, 2013. Blood October 21 vol 122 no 21 5540 online only
- Coauthored a chapter titled “Iron chelators for thalassemia, role of deferoxamine and deferiprone in the era of deferasirox” in the book titled“Haematology Today 2013”
- Delivered a guest lecture on “Introduction to Haemophilia with inhibitor” on August 19th, 2012 for Indian Medical Association Mumbai branch
- Participated as faculty and delivered a lecture on “Basics Of Haemophilia Management” in annual conference of Mumbai haematology group held in seven hills hospital Mumbai on March 3rd to March 4th, 2012
- Participated as faculty and delivered a lecture on “Myelodysplastic Syndrome Management” in eighteenth national CME in hematology held in Bombay Hospital between January 26th to January 29th, 2012
- Published a case report on “Acquired Pure Red Cell Aplasia In Children” in KLE Society’s Journal of scientific society- year 2012 volume 39 issue 2
- Coauthored a chapter titled “Gene Therapy For Haemophilia”in the book “Haematology Today 2012”
- Coauthored a chapter titled “Approach To Thrombocytopenia” in the book “post graduate medicine”2012
- Secured gold medal in DM Clinical Haematology passing exams
- Presented a paper “Refractory Iron Deficiency Anaemia- A Report of Two Cases” at the 33rd annual conference of Mumbai hematology group held in March 2010.
- Published paper titled “A Rare Syndrome Of T Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Eosinophilia And Myeloproliferative Disorder” in 32nd annual conference of Mumbai hematology group , March 2009
- Three-year-old bone marrow donor, Bengaluru doctors give Iraqi boy a new lease of life.
- 3-year-old Iraqi girl saves elder brother by donating bone marrow- Dr. Mallikarjun Kalashetty, Dr C. Shivaram, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road
- Dr. Mallikarjun Kalashetty Manipal Hospitals shares about treatment for blood cancer on TV9 Kannada Live
- Importance Of Timely Diagnosis, As Told By An Expert- Dr Mallikarjun Kalashetty, Consultant – Haematology, Haemato Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road
- Languages : English, Kannada, Hindi
- Gender : Male