DR. K Santosh Mohan Rao
Consultant – Pediatric Neurosurgery
RAINBOW CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL & BIRTHRIGHT – CHENNAI
MBBS, DNB(Neurosurgery), MNAMS, Fellow-Paed.Neurosurgery (ISPN & RCSEd Fellowship-AlderHey, UK)
Dr. K Santosh Mohan Rao is working as Consultant Pediatric Neurosurgeon at Rainbow Children’s Hospital, Guindy, Chennai. Hailing from a family of doctors, Dr. Santosh had a natural inclination towards medical sciences. He did his MBBS from Madras Medical College, Chennai. Thereafter, did his Neurosurgery Observer ship, DNB (Neurosurgery) from Voluntary Health Services (VHS). He has worked in various capacities in the Neurosurgery departments in reputed hospitals. He has also been Fellow – Pediatric Neurosurgery at Kanchi Kamakoti Child’s Trust Hospital, Chennai (India) as well as Fellow – Pediatric Neurosurgery at Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool (UK).
Dr. Santosh has several published in reputed medical journals and has contributed to a few chapters in Ramamurthi and Tandon’s Textbook of Neurosurgery (3rd ed, 2012). He’s actively been part of and presented in many Neurosurgery related national and international conferences.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recepient of the C.V. Chary medal for Neurology and Neurosurgery (2009).
- Young achiever award in the field of Medicine from the Karnataka Sangha (2012).
- Member of Neurological Society of India (NSI)
- Life member of International Society of Paediatric Neurosurgeons (ISPN)
- Life member Indian Society of Paediatric Neurosurgeons (Ind. SPN)
- Languages : English , Hindi, Tamil
- Gender : Male