Dr. K. R. Gopi - Medical Oncology
Dr. K. R. Gopi
Consultant – Medical Oncology
Dr. Rela Institute & Medical Centre – Chennai
Qualification: MD, MRCP (Ireland), Medical Oncology (RCP)UK, Medical Oncology (European Board), DNB Medical Oncology
Dr. K R Gopi is a Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist with training and several years of practice in India and United Kingdom. He has a clinical experience of more than 30 years in Medical Oncology and Palliative care.
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colo rectal cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Lymphoma & Leukemias
- Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic cancers
- Post-transplant Lymphoproliferative disorders
- Management of Cancer in the frail and elderly
- Pain and Palliative care
- 2011 to date– Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist, Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai, Global Hospital, Chennai, Dr Rela Institute and Medical Centre, Chennai
- 1995 – 2011 –NHS Hospitals, United Kingdom
- Senior registrar and later Consultant medical oncologist in U.K
- Peterborough NHS
- South Manchester University Hospital NHS
- Christie NHS Manchester
- Clatterbridge NHS Liverpool
- Western General Hospital Edinburgh
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS
- Tayside NHS Dundee
- Weston General Hospital NHS
- Wexam Park Hospital NHS
- Aberdeen Royal Infirmary NHS
- 1987 – 1995 – Consultant Physician, India
Honors & Awards
- Involved in various Clinical Trials in U.K.
- Letrozole trial in Breast cancer.
- Sunitinib trial in soft tissue sarcoma.
- Imatinib trial in Chronic myeloid leukaemia.
- Trastuzumab HERA trial.
- Bevacizumab trial in Metastatic ovarian cancer.
- Bevacizumab trial in Metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Panitumumab trial in Metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Rituximab trial in DLBCL Lymphoma
Introduced sub cutaneous Morphine infusion in India. Treated several hundreds of patients with sub cutaneous Morphine in terminally ill patients.
Research & Publication
Presented in several National and International conferences in United Kingdom and India.
- Languages : English , Hindi, Tamil
- Gender : Male