12 Years of Experience
- 2015 to 2017
Lead Clinician – Senior Consultant, Department of Hepatology & Liver Transplantation, Institute of Liver Disease & Transplantation, Global Hospitals & Health City
- 2010 to 2015
Senior Consultant, Department of Hepatology & Liver Transplantation, Institute of Liver Disease & Transplantation, Global Hospitals & Health City
- 2008 to 2010
Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Gastroenterology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- Einthoven prize in Electrocardiology – First prize out of 70 MD postgraduate students
- Association of Physicians of India (A.P.I.) Medal in M.D. (Internal Medicine)
- Levy Thomson Award for clinical research work on “Understanding pathophysiology of hyperventilation in Cirrhosis” – Received at Canadian Digestive Disease Week, Banff, Canada in 2007.
- Indo – British “Young Investigator Award” – for clinical research work on “Hyperimmune plasma in Post Liver Transplantation” at MIOT hospital, Chennai
- ISG 2012 – Om Prakash Award for outstanding research work in the field of Gastroenterology – Received at ISGCON 2012 at Jaipur.
- Varghese J, Balan N, Naveen B, Caroline Selvi, Jayapalan K, Jayanthi V. Does autonomic dysfunction in cirrhosis liver influence variceal bleed? Annals of Hepatology 2007:6(2):104 107.
- Varghese J, Jijo V, Rajkumar Solomon, Jayanthi V. Predictors of variceal bleed among patients with liver cirrhosis in the era of sclerotherapy. Singapore Med J 2008;49(3):239-242
- Udayakumar N, Subramaniam K, Umasanker L, Varghese J, Jayanthi V.Predictors of mortality in hepatic encephalopathy in acute and chronic liver disease: A preliminary observation. J Clini Gastroenterol 2007;41(2):922-926.
- Beckebaum S, Klein, Varghese J. Renal function & Cardiovascular risk profile after conversion from cyclosporin to tacrolimus in 80 liver transplant recipients. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2009;30(8):834-42.
- Assessment of allograft fibrosis by transient elastography and non-invasive biomarker scoring systems in liver transplant patients. Beckebaum S, Iacob S, Klein C, Dechene A, Varghese J. Transplantation 2010; 89(8):983-993.
- Veena B, Rajesh G, Varghese J, Sundaram KR, Balakrishnan V. Alcoholic chronic pancreatitis and alcoholic liver cirrhosis – differences in alcohol use habits and patterns in Indian subjects. Pancreas 2012.
- Somasundaram A, Loganathan N, Varghese J, Singh S, Jayanthi V. Does leptospirosis behave adversely in cirrhosis of the liver? Indian Journal of Gastroenterology 2014. (PMID 25239730)
- Srinivas R, Olithselvan A, Varghese J, Naresh S, Rela M. Latent Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Infection in Liver Transplant Recipients – Contraversies in Current Diagnosis and Management. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology 2011; 1(1):34-37.
- Varghese J, Gomathy N, Rajasekhar P, Venugopal K, Olithselvan A, Vivekanandan S, Naresh S, Sujatha C, Vijaya S, Jayanthi V, Rela M. Peri-operative bacterial infection in Deceased Donor and Living Donor liver transplant patients. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology 2012;2:35-41
- Varghese J, Reddy S, Venugopal K, Perumalla R, Narasimhan G, Olithselvan A, Vivekanandan S, Shanmugam N, Vijaya S, Jayanthi V, Rela M. Tacrolimus related adverse effects in liver transplant recipients: Its association with trough concentrations. Indian Journal of Gastroenterology 2014.