DR. HEMANT K KALYAN
HOD & Consultant – Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine
Manipal Hospitals – Old Airport Road, Bengaluru.
MBBS | MS (Orthopaedics) – University Of Bombay | D Ortho, FCPS – College Of Physicians And Surgeons Of Bombay | D Sports Med – The Scottish Royal Colleges Board.
Fellowship & Membership
- Fellow in Arthroscopy & Knee Surgery, University of Toronto
- Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Association of Sports Medicine
- Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Indian Arthroscopy Society
- AO Trauma Asia Pacific
- Indian Medical Association
Field of Expertise
- Arthroscopic Surgery & Sports Injuries,
- Knee and Hip Joint Replacements,
- Minimally Invasive Fracture Surgery,
- General Orthopaedics
Awards & Achievements
- The first Indian to obtain Diploma in Sports Medicine of Scottish Royal Colleges in 1991,
- Bombay University Gold Medalist in MS Orthopaedics & D. Ortho in 1989,
- Among the first sports Orthopaedic Surgeons to practice in the city since 1993
- Featured as one of 25 “Inspiring Orthopaedicians of India” by Economic Times in 2018.
- Performed over 6500 surgeries at Manipal Hospital Bangalore
Talks & Publications
- He has 12 publications in National and International journals, 23 poster presentations in National and International conferences, 87 guest lectures as invited faculty in National and International conferences to his credit.
- Languages : English, Kannada, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil
- Gender : Male