DR. G R VIJAY KUMAR
Director – Neuro & Spine Surgery
Fortis Hospital – Anandapur, Kolkata.
- FRCS (London), FRCS (Neurosurgery),
- CCST (UK),
- Spine Fellowship (USA),
- Skull- base & Vascular Fellowship (USA)
- NBME, PART I & II: for ECFMG certification
20 Years of experience
- FELLOW in SKULL-BASE & MICROVASCULAR NEUROSURGERY
- SPECIALIST REGISTRAR NEUROSURGERY
- LOCUM CONSULTANT NEUROSURGEON
- SPINE FELLOW
- REGISTRAR NEUROSURGERY
- S. H. O. NEUROSURGERY, S.H.O. GENERAL SURGERY
Dr. G.R. Vijay Kumar is a renowned Neurosurgeon with over 20 years of experience. Dr. Kumar is adept in all disciplines of Brain and Spine Surgery including Brain tumour surgery among adults, as well as paediatric and neonatal, endoscopic surgery, microvascular decompression surgery microdiscectomy, degenerative disc disease, cervical disc lesions etc. He has performed over 4,000 complex surgeries for brain and spine disorders. Dr. Kumar is the author of numerous paper publications in International Journals and Book Chapters in Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery Textbooks.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Tumour Surgery – Adult, Paediatric & Neonatal
- Microsurgery for Brain tumours
- Endoscopic surgery for Pituitary tumours
- Endoscopic brain surgery
- Surgery for Cerebral Aneurysms & Cerebral AVMs
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Resident/Fellow Award of the Ohio State Neurosurgical Society, Nov. 1997, Ohio, USA, for best Research Presentation.
- Dr. B.C. Roy Memorial Award for Best Student, Medical College, Calcutta, 1989.
- University Gold Medal for Best Student, Calcutta University, 1988.
- University Gold Medal in Surgery, Calcutta University, 1988.
- University Gold Medal in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Calcutta University, 1988.
- Languages : English , Hindi, Bengali
- Gender : Male