Dr. E Babu
Senior Consultant- Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
Fortis Malar Hospital, Adyar
1.MBBS from JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research), an institute of national importance located in Puducherry, India, in 2004
2. MD (General Medicine) from JIPMER, Puducherry in 2008.
3. DM (Cardiology) from JIPMER, Puducherry in 2012.
4. FNB (Fellowship) in Interventional Cardiology, accredited by National Board of Examinations, from Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, an internationally recognized tertiary-care high volume cardiac speciality centre, located in New Delhi, the capital of India, under the mentorship of Dr Ashok Seth in 2016.
Dr E Babu is currently Consultant Heart Failure and Interventional Cardiologist at Fortis Malar Hospital and is associated with the Heart Transplantation Team. He is a certified interventional cardiologist and can perform coronary interventions, structural heart disease interventions, endovascular interventions and device implantations. Currently he is the Young National Ambassador of European Association of PCI (Angioplasty) for India.
Awards & Accolades
Dr. E Babu has won the following national and international awards/recognitions for his research work:
- He has been honored with the Best Young Scientist Award at TCTAP 2017 international cardiology conference held at Seoul in April 2017
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology : FACC (USA)
- Fellow of European Society of Cardiology : FESC (Europe)
- Fellow of Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions : FSCAI (USA)
- Fellow of Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology : FAPSIC (Asia Pacific)
- Member of Cardiological Society of India : CSI
- Languages : English , Hindi, Tamil
- Gender : Male