DR. DEVANANDA N S
HOD & Consultant – Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Heart And Lung Transplant Surgery
Manipal Hospital, Hal Old Airport Road, Bengaluru
MBBS: Karnataka Medical College, Hubli. | MS (Gen Surgery): Seth G.S Medical College, Mumbai. | MCh (Cardio Thoracic): Sri Chitra Tirunal Institute For Medical Science And Technology, Trivandrum (Institute Of National Importance)
Fellowship & Membership
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
- Indian College of Cardiology.
- Karnataka Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
- Paediatric Cardiac Society of India.
- Founding member of the World Society of Paediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery.
Field of Expertise
- Heart & Lung Transplant Surgery.
- Aortic Surgery.
- Mitral Valve Reconstruction Surgery.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.
- Complex Congenital Heart Surgery.
Awards & Achievements
- Rotary Centenary Award for Vocational Excellence
- Performed over 10000 Open Heart Surgeries.
- Transported patient on ECMO by road for a distance of over 450kms.
- Only surgeon to have performed the complex open heart surgery on a 29 week old baby (weighing 900gms) and 90 Years Old man in India.
- Has credit of successfully removing a PNET Tumour from the Heart
Talks & Publications
- Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore shows the way forward in tackling the rising burden of Heart Diseases among Indians on World Heart Day
- Two-month-old baby undergoes complex heart surgery- Dr. Devananda N.S., Consultant, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Heart and Lung Transplant Surgery, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road
- Docs urge heart patients to shed pandemic fear- Dr. Devananda N S, HOD & Consultant – Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Heart and Lung Transplant Surgery, Manipal Hospitals Old Airport Road, Dr. Mukundan Sheshadri, Consultant – Cardio
- Languages : English ,Kannada, Hindi
- Gender : Male