Dr. B S Ravindra - Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Dr. B S Ravindra
Director – Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Fortis Hospital – Bannerghatta Main, Bangalore.
Dr. B S Ravindra has a vast experience in Gastroenterology, Liver disease, Pancreatic disease, Inflammatory bowel diseases like Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. He is an expert in the field of endoscopy with pioneer in, endoscopic ultrasound with more than 10000 procedures, ERCP, Spyglass cholangioscopy, Capsule endoscopy, enteroscopy and 3rd space endoscopic procedures. He has started a Hepatitis support group, IBD support group and Pancreas support group for alleviation of pain and sufferings in these chronic diseases. He is a professional member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA), Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG), Society of Gastroenterointestinal endoscopy (SGEI). He is also a Member of the American Society of Gastroenterology (ASGE) and Fellow of Association of Interventional GI Endoscopy (AIGE).
Dr. B S Ravindra is one of the most eminent doctors in the speciality of medical gastroenterology, Interventional endoscopy and Hepatology with over 15years of extensive experience
Dr. Ravindra completed his MBBS from KIMS, Hubli and did his MD in General Medicine from Government Medical College Nagpur. Later he pursued DNB in General Medicine and DM in Gastroenterology from LTM Medical College Mumbai. He has also completed Fellowship in EUS, Double Balloon and Spirus from Denmark and has done training on ESD from South Korea.
Honors & Awards
Dr. Ravindra has illustrious academic career with 5 Gold medals in MD, General Medicine and stood second in MBBS. He has also received an award from the former Prime Minister, Sri. Manmohan Singh and Wen Jabao, during the Indo-China Joint medical mission 2008. He has also been blessed to treat Shri Shri Siddaganga Swamiji (117yrs) Tumkur. Dr. Ravindra is a pioneer in Endoscopic Ultrasound and trains gastroenterologists in south India and across South- Asian countries. He is also the first to use GI bleed stents in Karnataka. He has several publications to his name and has delivered more than 100 lectures in various CME conferences. He has conducted EUS live international workshops & 5 GI masterclasses. He has the credit of starting RGUHS therapeutic endoscopy fellowship for 2 students per year, post MD and DNB in Medical Gastroenterology at his previous assignment and has trained 18 fellows till now.
Area Of Expertise
- Interventional endoscopy and colonoscopy which includes endoscopic management of GI bleed (glue, clip, sclerotherapy & stenting), Polypectomies EMR (Endoscopic mucosal resection) ESD procedure
- ERCP: Non- surgical removal of CBD stones, Spyglass cholangioscopy and laser for large bile stones, stenting for gall bladder, bile duct & pancreatic cancers, ERCP stenting for pancreatic diseases, pancreatic stones management.
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)-EUS FNAC of mediastinum Pancreas and lymph nodes, coeliac axis block, Pseudocyst drainage (first to use hot axios stent in Karnataka), fundal varix coiling, EUS GJ and hepj and Biliary drainage Enteroscopy and capsule endoscopy for small bowel disease.
- Liver diseases which includes Jaundice, Cirrhosis, Liver cancers, Fatty liver disease, Hepatitis B, C management with one of the largest database of Hepatitis B and C
- Pancreatic disease which includes Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis
- Intestinal diseases which includes celiac disease, IBS, Ulcerative colitis, Crohns disease and faecal transplant
- Gastric and bowel disorders like Ulcers H pylorie and GERD Barrett’s oesophagus, Constipation and IBS
- GI cancer detection and palliation like stenting of cancers and celiac blocks for pain relief
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male