Dr. B. Mahadevan - Gastroenterology
Dr. B. Mahadevan
HOD & Senior Consultant – Gastroenterology
Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Chennai.
Qualification: M.B.B.S, MD (Paediatrics), DM (Gastroenterology)
Dr. B. Mahadevan has an overall experience of 19+ years and is currently working as a Senior Consultant & Head, Dept. of Gastroenterology and Therapeutic Endoscopy at Global Hospitals. He is skilled to perform ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio- Pancreatica Gram) and Therapeutic endoscopy along with EUS (Endo- ultrasound). He has a passion towards the field of interventional gastroenterology mainly hepatobiliary diseases (including ERCP and EUS) and third space endoscopy (POEM, STER).
19+ Years of Experience
- Sept 2018 to Present
Senior Consultant & Head, Dept. of Gastroenterology and Therapeutic Endoscopy, Global Hospitals
- Aug 2015 to Aug 2018
Consultant, Dept. of Gastroenterology and Therapeutic Endoscopy, Global Hospitals
- Sept 2009 to July 2015
Associate Professor of Gastroenterology, Dept. of Medical Gastroenterology
- May 2004 to July 2006
Professor of Pediatrics, Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute
- April 2001 to April 2004
Senior Resident in Pediatrics, JIPMER
- Interventional gastroenterology
- Third space endoscopy
- Mahadevan B, Mohammed Ali. Disseminated intra abdominal Hydatidosis – a case report. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2009, May-Jun;28(3):92.
- Mahadevan B, M. Ali, P. Ganesh, P. Padmananbhan, C. Selvi, K. Premkumar & J. Antony: Acute mesenteric vein thrombosis after glue injection for Gastric varices – a case report. The Internet Journal of Gastroenterology. 2009 Volume 8 Number 1.
- Sharma M, Somasundaram A, Mahadevan B. Endoscopic Ultrasound in a Case of a Widened Mediastinum. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2010;8(9):e94.
- Mahadevan B, Mahadevan S, Serane VT. Prognostic factors in childhood tuberculous meningitis. J Trop Pediatr 2002; 48:362-65.
- Harish BN, Bhat BV, Mahadevan B, Bhattacharya S, Parija SC. Outbreak of Klebsiella Pneumoniae septicemia in a neonatal intensive care unit. Curr Pediatr Research 2003; 7:25-27.
- Srinivasan S, Mahadevan B, Harish B. Antimicrobial Selection in Childhood infection. Pediatrics Today 2000; 12:786-88.
- Mahadevan B, Karthikeyan K, Bhat BV, Thappa DM. Restrictive Dermopathy-A case report. Indian Pediatr 2002; 39:1149-52.
- Languages : English , Hindi, Tamil
- Gender : Male