DR. ASHISH VASHISHTH
Consultant – Otorhinolaryngology, Head And Neck And Cranial Base Surgery, Ear, Nose And Throat
Manipal Hospital, Delhi
MBBS | MS | DNB | Fellow Of European Board Of Otorhinolaryngology And Head And Neck Surgery | Fellowship: Neurotology, Lateral Cranial Base Surgery And Advanced Auditory Implants (Gruppo Otologico, Italy) | Joint European Diploma: Endoscopic Endonasal Skull Base Surgery (University Paris Diderot)
Fellowship & Membership
- European Academy of Otology and Neurotology
- European Rhinologic Society
- Politzer society
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India
- Indian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
Field of Expertise
- Surgical solutions for hearing loss including state of the art cochlear implantation in children, adults, and geriatric population
- Endoscopic sinus surgery for chronic sinusitis, nasal polyps, and nasal and paranasal sinus tumors
- Endoscopic and open airway reconstructive surgery in pediatric and adult patients
- Endoscopic surgical treatment of salivary gland disorders including salivary ductal stones
- Trans nasal and trans-temporal management of cranial base tumors and cancers
- Management of vertigo and tinnitus using surgical and non-surgical solutions
- Treatment of Head and Neck Cancers
- Management of pediatric tonsillar and adenoid disorders
- Surgical management of facial nerve disorders such as trauma and tumors
Talks & Publications
- Dandinarasaiah M, Prasad SC, Piccirilo E, Vashishth A, Valentina M, Grinblat G, Codreanu CM, Sanna M. Facial nerve outcomes following total excision of vestibular schwannoma by the enlarged translabyrinthine approach. Otol Neurotol 2019;40(2): 226-235
- Prasad SC, Laus M, Al-Ghamdi S, Vashishth A, Piazza P, Sanna M. Update in the classification and the role of intra-arterial stenting in the management of carotid body paragangliomas. Head Neck 2019;41(5): 1379-86
- Vashishth A, Fulcheri A, Guida M, Caruso A, Sanna M. Incomplete and false tract insertions in cochlear implantation: retrospective review of surgical and auditory outcomes. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2018;275:1059-68 (corresponding)
- Vashishth A, Fulcheri A, Prasad SC, Dandinarasaiah M, Caruso A, Sanna M. Cochlear implantation in chronic otitis media with cholesteatoma and open cavities: Long-term surgical outcomes. Otol Neurotol 2018; 39:45-53 (doi: 10.1097/MAO.0000000000001624) (Corresponding)
- Vashishth A, Fulcheri A, Prasad SC, Bassi M, Rossi G, Caruso A, Sanna M. Cochlear implantation in cochlear ossification: Retrospective review of etiologies, surgical considerations and auditory outcomes. Otol Neurotol 2018; 39:17-28 (doi: 10.1097/MAO.0000000000001613) (Corresponding)
- Grinblat G, Vashishth A, Galetti F, Caruso A, Sanna M. Petrous apex cholesterol granulomas: Outcomes, complications and hearing results from surgical and wait-and-scan management. Otol Neurotol 2017; 38:e476-e485 (doi: 10.1097/MAO.0000000000001578) (Corresponding)
- Vashishth A, Fulcheri A, Rossi G, Prasad SC, Caruso A, Sanna M. Cochlear implantation in otosclerosis: Surgical and auditory outcomes with a brief on facial nerve stimulation. Otol Neurotol. 2017; 38(9);e345-e353 (doi: 1097/MAO.0000000000001552) (Corresponding)
- Vashishth A. Extensive allergic fungal rhinosinusitis: Ophthalmic and skull base complications. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015; 67:227-33 (doi: 10.1007/s12070-014-0771-x)
- Vashishth A, Singh Nagar TR, Mandal S, Venkatachalam VP. Extensive intratemporal cholesteatomas: presentation, complications and surgical outcomes. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2015; 272:289-95 (doi: 10.1007/s00405-013-2852-y) (Corresponding)
- Vashishth A, Mathur NN, Verma D. Cartilage palisades in type 3 tympanoplasty: functional and hearing results. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 66:309-313 (Corresponding)
- Vashishth A, Mathur NN, Choudhary SR, Bhardwaj A. Clinical advantages of cartilage palisades over temporalis fascia in type I tympanoplasty. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2014; 41:422-7 (doi: 10.1016/j.anl.2014.05.15) (Corresponding)
- Lade H, Choudhary SR, Vashishth A. Endoscopic vs Microscopic myringoplasty: a different perspective. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2014; 271:1897-1902 (doi: 10.1017S0022215113001965) (Corresponding)
- Goyal A, Singh PP, Vashishth A. Effect of mastoid drilling on hearing of contralateral ear. J Laryngol Otol. 2013; 127:952-956 (doi: 10.1007/s00405-013-2673-z)
- Mathur NN, Vashishth A. Extensive nasopharyngeal angiofibromas: the maxillary swing approach. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2014; 271:3035-40 (doi: 10.1007/s00405-013-2804-6)
- Vashishth A, Mathur NN, Bhattacharya GK, Choudhary SR. Giant vascular hamartoma of tongue. Malays J Med Sci 2014; 21(2):74-77 (Corresponding)
- Subtotal petrosectomy: Interface between Otology and Skull base surgery: Oral communication at the 21st IFOS World ENT Congress, Paris, 24-28 June 2017.
- Facial nerve tumors: The contemporary surgical management: E-Poster presentation at the IFOS World ENT Congress, Paris, 24-28 June 2017.
- Surgical management of temporal bone squamous cell carcinoma: E-Poster presentation at the IFOS World ENT Congress, Paris, 24-28 June 2017.
- Posterior mesotympanic retractions: the contemporary surgical management: Oral presentation at The Otology Jubilee (Anniversary of 150 years of European Archives of otorhinolaryngology), Halle, Germany, 8-10 May 2014.
- Abducens nerve palsy in petrositis: a review of three cases: Poster presentation at The Otology Jubilee (Anniversary of 150 years of European Archives of otorhinolaryngology), Halle, Germany, 8-10 May 2014.
- Cartilage palisades in type 3 tympanoplasty: functional and hearing results: Poster presentation at the Annual Meeting of American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Vancouver, Canada 29 Sep – 02 Oct 2013. Co-authored poster presentation titled – “Extensive nasopharyngeal angiofibromas: The maxillary swing approach”.
- Cartilage palisades vs temporalis fascia in type 1 tympanoplasty: E poster with oral presentation at The 2nd Meeting of European Academy of ORL-HNS and CE ORL-HNS, Nice, France 27-30 April 2013
- European University Diploma of “Chirgurgie endoscopic de la basu crane – Endoscopic surgery of the skull base”. Ecole d’anatomie Fer A Moulin, Paris, France. Nov 27-29 2017, Feb 26-28 2018, April 9-11 2019. Chief faculty: Prof Phillipe Herman
- Pituitary to skull base course. Ospedale Bellaria, Bologna , Italy, 28-29 Nov 2018. Chief faculty: Prof Georgio Frank, Prof Diego Mazzatenta.
- Otology, Skull base and Auditory implants – Endoscopic and microscopic dissection course. Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France, 21-23 Jun 2017, Chief Faculty: Prof O Sterkers, Dr D Bernardeschi. (Dissector)
- Advanced middle ear surgical course. Department of neurotology and lateral skull base surgery, Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza, Italy, 12-16 Jun 2017. Chief Faculty: Prof Mario Sanna. (Instructor)
- Microscopic and endoscopic approaches to the skull base. IRCAD advanced surgical training academy, Strasbourg, France, 7-9 Jun 2017. Chief faculty: Dr S Froelich, Dr C Debry. (Dissector)
- Extended endoscopic transnasal surgical approaches to the skull base. Department of anatomy, forensic sciences and otorhinolaryngology, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy, 21-23 Mar 2017. Chief faculty: Prof P Castelnuovo
- Advanced Cochlear implant surgical course: Complex cases. Cochlear Training Academy, Mechelen, Belgium, 24-25 Feb 2017. Chief faculty: Prof E Officers, Dr L Sennaroglu, Dr D Wagenfield.
- Advanced middle ear surgical course. Department of neurotology and lateral skull base surgery, Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza, Italy, 12-16 Dec 2016. Chief Faculty: Prof Mario Sanna. (Dissector)
- Advanced cochlear implant surgical course. Department of neurotology and lateral skull base surgery, Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza, Italy, 23-24 Nov 2016. Chief Faculty: Prof Mario Sanna.
- Advanced lateral skull base surgical course. Department of neurotology and lateral skull base surgery, Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza, Italy, 7-11 Nov 2016. Chief Faculty: Prof Mario Sanna. (Dissector)
- Advanced lateral skull base surgical course. Department of neurotology and lateral skull base surgery, Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza, Italy, 3-7 Oct 2016. Chief Faculty: Prof Mario Sanna. (Dissector)
- Multi portal approaches skull base: 1st international hands-on course. Department of systematic anatomy, University of Vienna, Austria, 27-29 Sep 2016. Chief faculty: Prof P Castelnuovo, Prof M Tschabitscher. (Dissector)
- 28th hands-on instructional course on tympanoplasty. University Clinic of Dresden, Dresden, Germany, 14-16 May 2014. Chief Faculty: Prof Thomas Zahnert. Course focused on tympanoplasty and stapes surgeries including cartilage tympanoplasty and ossiculoplasty. Hands-on experiments on live acoustic feedback during tympanic membrane and ossicular reconstruction using titanium prosthesis, monitoring of drill generated noise, training on tympanoplasty training models and cartilage slicing techniques.
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male