DR. ASHISH DIXIT
Consultant – Haematology, Haemato Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplantation
Manipal Hospital, Old Airport Road, Bengaluru
MBBS: Gajra Raja Medical College (GRMC), Gwalior, India | MD: Post Graduate Institute Of Medical Education And Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh | DNB: National Academy Of Medical Sciences, India | DM (Clinical Haematology): All India Institute Of Medical
Talks & Publications
- Delivered lectures at numerous conferences all across the country as faculty of Haematology & BMT
- Madkaikar M, Gupta M, Dixit A, Patil V. Predominant Neurological Manifestations Seen in a Patient With a Biallelic Perforin1 Mutation (PRF1; p.R225W). J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2016;39(2):143-146.
- Bhat R, Pai S, Das K and Dixit A. Aggressive Lymphomas Diagnosed in the Bone Marrow: Two Illustrative Cases. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 2016 Jun; 32(Suppl 1): 125–129.
- Bhat R, Pai S, Dixit A. Copper Deficiency with 20q Deletion and a Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobinuria Clone Presenting with Bicytopenia. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus DOI 10.1007/s12288-014-0419-8.
- Das K, Ramakrishnan M, Agrawal N, Pai S, Dixit A. Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis with hepatitis A. J Appl Hematol 2013;4:153-5.
- Pal R, Venkataramana NK, Bansal A, Balaraju S, Jan M, Chandra R, Dixit A, Rauthan A, Murgod U, Totey S. Ex Vivo-Expanded Autologous Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells in Human Spinal Cord Injury/Paraplegia: A Pilot Clinical Study. Cytotherapy 2009;11(7):897-911.
- Mishra P, Naithani R, Dolai T, Mahapatra M, Dixit A, Seth T, Kumar R, Saxena R. Intracranial haemorrhage in patients with congenital haemostatic defects. Mishra P, et al. Haemophilia. 2008.
- Dixit A, Chatterjee T, Mishra P et al. Disseminated intravascular coagulation in acute leukemia at presentation and during induction therapy. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2007 Jul;13(3):292-8.
- Mishra P, Kumar R, Mahapatra M, Sharma S, Dixit A et al. Tuberculosis in acute leukemia: a clinico-hematological profile. Hematology. 2006 Oct;11(5):335-40.
- Gupta PK, Kannan M, Chatterjee T, Dixit A et al. Acquired von Willebrand’s disease associated with gastrointestinal angiodysplasia: a case report. Haemophilia. 2006 Jul;12(4):452-5.
- Dixit A, Kannan M, Mahapatra M, et al. Roles of protein C, protein S, and antithrombin III in acute leukemia. Am J Hematol. 2006 Mar;81(3):171-4.
- Chatterjee T, Mahapatra M, Dixit A et al. Primary myelodysplastic syndrome in children–clinical, hematological and histomorphological profile from a tertiary care centre in India. Hematology. 2005 Dec;10(6):495-9.
- Bhattacharyya J, Dutta P, Mishra P, Dixit A et al. Congenital vitamin K-dependent coagulation factor deficiency: a case report. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2005 Oct;16(7):525-7.
- Mishra P, Mahapatra M, Kumar R, Dixit A et al. Philadelphia-chromosome positive thrombocythemia in a child. Eur J Haematol. 2005 Sep;75(3):262-3.
- Panigrahi I, Dixit A, Arora S et al. Do alpha deletions influence hydroxyurea response in thalassemia intermedia?. Hematology. 2005 Feb;10(1):61-3.
- Mishra P, Pati HP, Chatterjee T, Dixit A et al , Hb SE disease: a clinico-hematological profile. Ann Hematol. 2005 Oct;84(10):667-70.
- Dixit A, Chatterjee TC, Mishra P et al. Hydroxyurea in thalassemia intermedia–a promising therapy. Ann Hematol. 2005 Jul;84(7):441-6.
- Dixit A, Chatterjee T, Mishra P et al. Cyclosporin A in Myelodysplastic Syndrome: a preliminary report. Ann Hematol. 2005 Sep;84(9):565-8. Epub 2005 Apr 5.
- Mishra, P.P., Mahapatra, M., Choudhry, V.P., Saxena R, Pati HP, Dixit A et al. Synchronous occurrence of breast carcinoma and acute myeloid leukemia: case report and review of the literature. Ann Hematol (2004) 83: 541.
- Mishra P, Chatterjee T, Dixit A, Choudhry VP, Kumar R, Saxena R. Secondary severe factor X deficiency associated with antiphospholipid syndrome. Am J Hematol. 2004 Jul;76(3):311.
- Mishra P, Dixit A, Chatterjee T, Bhattacharya M, Bhattacharya J, Dutta P,Mahapatra M, Pati HP, Choudhry VP, Saxena R. Disseminated intravascular coagulation as an unusual presentation of Kala-azar: report of two cases. Scand J Infect Dis. 2004;36(6-7):519-21.
- Chatterjee T, Dixit A, Mohapatra M, Tyagi S, Gupta PK, Mishra P, Bhattacharya M, Karan AS, Pati HP, Saxena R, Choudhry VP. Clinical, haematological and histomorphological profile of adult myelodysplastic syndrome. Study of 96 cases in a single institute. Eur J Haematol. 2004 Aug;73(2):93-7.
- Dixit A, Chatterjee TC, Papneja M, Mishra P, Mahapatra M, Pati HP, Saxena R, Choudhry VP. Sickle beta-thalassemia presenting as orbital compression syndrome. Ann Hematol. 2004 Aug;83(8):536-40. Epub 2004 Feb 18.
- Ray M, Dixit A, Vaipei K, Singhi PD. Congenital tuberculosis. Indian Pediatr. 2002 Dec;39(12):1167-8.
- Ray M, Dixit A, Singhi P. Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus with intracranial calcifications. Indian Pediatr. 2002 Feb;39(2):197-202.
Awards & Achievements
- First DM student for super specialty course of Clinical Haematology at prestigious institute All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Established Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at Manipal Hospital Bangalore in 2004. This successful unit carries out both Autologous & Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplants including matched sibling, unrelated and Haploidentical Transplants.
Fellowship & Membership
- Member- American Society of Haematology
- Member- Indian Society of Haematology & Blood Transfusion (ISHBT)
- Member- Indian Society of Stem Cell Transplant
- Member- Paediatric Haematology Oncology (PHO) chapter of IAP
- Member- Indian Academy of Paediatrics
Field of Expertise
- Haematology, Hemato-oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant
- Special interest and expertise in performing Blood & Bone Marrow transplants for various benign and malignant haematological disorders. Diagnosing and treating malignant Haematology disorders like Acute and Chronic Leukemias, Hodgkin’s and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphomas, Myeloma, Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) etc.
- Diagnosing and treating Red cell disorders like Aplastic Anaemia, Autoimmune Haemolytic Aemia, Nutritional Anaemia, Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Anaemia etc. Diagnosing and treating Platelet disorders like Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP), Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP) etc
- Diagnosing and treating thrombotic disorders like deep vein thrombosis, recurrent thrombotic episodes, pulmonary embolism, Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APLA), Hereditary Thrombophilia etc
- Diagnosing and treating bleeding and coagulation disorders like Haemophilia, von Willebrand disease (vWD), other platelet function disorders, rare clotting factor deficiencies etc. Evaluating and managing haematological complications arising in pregnancy and postpartum period
- Evaluation of Paediatric haematological disorders- both hereditary & acquired.
- Evaluating and managing haematological complications in renal disorders, Rheumatology disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, Neurological disorders, Intensive care units etc.
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male