DR. ANURAG SAXENA
HOD & Consultant – Department Of Neurosurgery
Manipal Hospital, Delhi
MBBS (Gold Medallist) | MS | MCh (Neurosurgery) | FRCS (Ed) Neurosurgery (UK)
Fellowship & Membership
- Fellowship in Spine surgery, Lancashire Teaching Hospital, Preston (U.K)
- Fellowship in Paediatric Neurosurgery, Royal Liverpool Alder Hey Children’s Hospital. Liverpool (U.K)
- Fellowship in Neurosurgery, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (U.K)·
- Senior Clinical Fellow Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, U.K
- Society of British Neurological Surgeries
- Royal College of Surgeries of Edinburgh (U.K)
- Neurological Society of India
- Delhi Neurological Association
- Indian Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery
Field of Expertise
- Minimally invasive brain surgeries
- Minimally invasive spine surgeries
- Hydrocephalus treatment (Endoscopic and CSF diversion)
- Paediatric neurosurgery (brain, spine and CVJ craniofacial)
- Neuro-Oncology (brain and spine tumours)
- Cerebrovascular Surgeries
- Functional & complex spine surgeries
- Motion preservation spine surgeries
- Endoscopic brain surgeries
- Endoscopic spine surgeries
- Skull base neurosurgery
- Peripheral nerve surgeries
- Pain management
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Awards & Achievements
- “Excellence in Health Care Award” in Neurosurgery 2018
- Research work published as original research article by British Journal Neurosurgery
- Expert Panel for neurosurgery- Educational Society of Bedside Intensive Care Medicine (ESBICM)
- Neurosurgical Quiz Competition winner in DNACON 2010 at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- Award for Paper presentation on “Role of Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy in cases of Blocked Ventriculo-Peritoneal Shunt” at DNACON 2009 at AIIMS New Delhi, India.
- Gold Medal for securing first position in Surgical Quiz competition in MP state chapter meet of Association of Surgeons of India
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV) Certificate of Merit and Medal for obtaining position in merit in MBBS (DAVV University, Indore)
- Dr B.S. Mehta Gold Medal (DAVV University, Indore) for first position in ENT (2001)
- Gold Medal (MGM Medical college, Indore) for distinction in ENT(2001)
- Gold Medal (MGM Medical college, Indore) for securing first position in Forensic Medicine(2000)
Talks & Publications
- ROLE OF NEUROSURGEON IN MANAGEMENT OF STROKE – Teaching lecture – Stroke Symposium, Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurugram 2019
- PEDIATRIC NEUROSURGERY – WHAT TO SEE AND WHEN TO REFER – Invited Guest Lecture – Indian Association of Pediatricians, Gurugram Chapter meet 2019.
- EXCISION OF SPINAL LIPOMA – “HOW DO I DO IT” – Delhi Neurological Association Annual Conference, New Delhi 2019
- RECENT ADVANCES IN SPINAL SURGERY – “CENTRAL INDIA PERSPECTIVE” – Invited Guest lecture in Association of Surgeons on India (ASI) Indore City chapter meet 2017.
- ENDOSCOPIC THORACIC SYMPATHECTOMY – Second Instructional Course in Neurosurgery (Endoscopic Cranial and Spinal Surgery) 7th – 8th Nov 2014, GB Pant Hospital New Delhi, India.
- IDIOPATHIC SYRINGOMYELIA – THE ALDER HEY EXPERIENCE SBNS Annual Conference, April 2012, Aberdeen, U.K.
- IDIOPATHIC SYRINGOMYELIA – ANALYSIS OF 30 CASES Spine Week, May 2012, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- MANAGEMENT OPTIONS FOR HYDROMYELIA GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi 2011.
- Endoscopic observations of blocked ventriculoperitoneal (VP) shunt: a step toward a better understanding of shunt obstruction and its removal. British Journal of Neurosurgery, October 2012, Vol. 26, No. 5: Pages 747-753.
- Idiopathic Syringomyelia- Alder Hey experience. British Journal of Neurosurgery, April 2012, Volume 26, No.2, pg169.
- Treatment of Keloids and Hypertrophic Scars using Bleomycin- Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology 2008 Mar; 7(1):43-49 (original article).
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male