DR. AJITH KUMAR A K
HOD & Consultant – Critical Care Medicine
Manipal Hospital, Old Airport Road, Bengaluru
QUALIFICATION: MBBS – Government Medical College, Calicut (Kerala). | MD (Chest Diseases) – GS Medical College & KEM Hospital, Mumbai. | DNB (National Board, Respiratory Disease). | European Diploma In Intensive Care (EDIC). | Fellow Of Indian College Of Critical Care Medicine (FICCM). | FIECMO
Fellowship & Membership
- Chairman of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM)
- National Accreditation Secretary Indian College of Critical Care Medicine.
- Life Member, Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (01/K-162).
- Member, European Society Critical Care Medicine (ARAY 160501).
- Ex Member, Society of Critical Care Medicine: 205809 (USA).
- Life member, Academy of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine (LM/122).
- Life member, Association of Physicians in India (23/L13501).
- Life member, Association of Physicians Karnataka chapter (L-652).
- Life member, Association of Medical Consultants (BAN/LM/A/0008).
- Life member Indian Medical Association (KRL/0/19/769/0/SM/3622)
Field of Expertise
- Expert in the management of all types of critically ill patients needing ICU care including mechanical ventilation, hemodynamic monitoring, renal replacement therapy (dialysis) in the ICU and use of extracorporeal devices like ECMO.
- One of the experts in the specialty of Critical Care Medicine in this region.
- Experience and training in Critical Care from India & Australia.
- Pioneer in Respiratory-Critical Care.
- Expert in the utility of basic Point of care ultrasonography/ECHO in the ICU.
- Special Interests: Respiratory Critical Care/ARDS Sepsis Extra Corporeal Life Supports
Awards & Achievements
- Senior teacher and Examiner for Fellowship program in Critical Care Medicine under the aegis of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine.
- Past Editor, Critical Care Communications, the official newsletter of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine.
- Reviewer, Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine, Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology, Arthritis Care & Research journals.
- Published reports/articles in National & International journals including an invited editorial at Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine.
- Recipient, Presidential Citation 2015 for dedicated & outstanding contribution in the field of critical care, from the National President of the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine.
- Authored of about 4 chapters in various books pertaining to Critical Care Medicine.
- Invited senior National faculty in various regional, National conferences.
- Organising Vice Chairman, for National Conference in Critical Care Medicine Criticare 2015.
- Languages : Kannada English Hindi Malayalam Tamil
- Gender : Male