Dr. Ajay Kumar Kriplani
Director & HOD – Minimal Access, Bariatric & GI Surgery
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon.
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), FIAGES, FICLS, FALS, FAIS.
Dr. A.K. Kriplani is the “Past President and trustee” of the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons. Dr. Kriplani is very compassionate about patient care and he has performed various bariatric surgeries in the last few decades and is considered as the best bariatric surgeon in Delhi and Gurgaon. He has the credit of being first in India to perform laparoscopic adrenalectomy and laparoscopic splenectomy and performing first laparoscopic whipple’s pancreaticoduodenectomy in North India and he is one of the best laparoscopic surgeon in Delhi and Gurgaon.
Dr. Kriplani has been invited as a faculty for 395 live demonstrations / Guest lectures/ orations/ key-note addresses in conferences in various Indian cities and outside India e.g. Rome, Hongkong, Kualalumpur, Singapore, Tashkent, Dubai, Kathmandu, Dhaka etc. Recipient of 20 Awards/honour’s/orations.
He has been the organising chairman for 10 National Conferences /
Workshops/ courses. He has trained hundreds of surgeons in laparoscopic surgery from India and adjoining countries like Nepal, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc.
Post Graduate Examiner for many universities and guide for thesis.
- Lecturer in Surgery- J.L.N. Medical College, Ajmer Rajasthan- Oct 1985 to March1987
- Assistant Professor of Surgery- All India In-stitute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi- April 1987 to June 1991
- Associate Professor of Surgery- All India In-stitute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi- July 1991 to July 1992
- Additional Professor of Surgery- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi- July 1992 to May 1996
- Senior Consultant- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi- May 1996 to Sep 2014
- Senior Consultant- Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science and Research, New Delhi- since May 1996
- Life Member, Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Life Member, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES).
- Life member, Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- Founder Member, Hernia Society of India (HSI) affiliated to Asia Pacific Hernia Society.
- Life member, Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI) affiliated to International Federation for Surgery of Obesity (IFSO).
- Life member, Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO).
- Life member, Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG).
- Minimal Access Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery.
- Laparoscopic GI Surgery & Colorectal Surgery
- 38 Scientific Publications in journals / chapters in books.
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male