Dr. Ajay Bhalla
Director & Head- Gastroenterology, Hepatobilliary Sciences
Fortis Hospital, Noida
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla Road, New Delhi.
Qualification: MBBS, DNB (Gastroenterology)
Dr. Ajay Bhalla is the Director & HOD in the department of gastroenterology. He is Bhalla is practicing in Noida since 1995 and has done over 20,000 therapeutic & diagnostic endoscopic procedures. He is the first doctor to do ERCP in Noida (largest number of biliary procedures till date in Noida)and is associated with highest number of PEG procedures to his name. His special interest in Therapeutic Endoscopy including (EUS), Hepatology and Liver Transplant. He has training in advance Biliary Endoscopy from Harvard Medical School. He also has gained immense recognition as one of the largest users of metal stents employed in the treatment of GI cancers.
An MBBS graduate from University College of Medical Sciences (Delhi), Dr. Bhalla finalized his higher medical education viz. DNB (Medicine) and DNB (Gastro) from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital thus accomplishing dual DNB degrees to his name. Dr. Bhalla fortified his qualifications with fellowship in Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy from Beth Israel Hospital (Harvard Medical School) and advanced training in Liver Transplant from Gleneagles Hospital in Singapore.
- Observer Fellowship in Therapeutic Endoscopy undertaken at Beth Israel Hospital (Harvard Medical School).Boston, USA.
- Fellow of Indian Association of Clinical Medicine.
- Member, Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG).
- Member, Indian Association of Study of Liver Diseases (INASL).
- Member, Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI).
- Languages : English , Hindi
- Gender : Male